If you or someone you know has begun experimenting with drugs, it’s important to educate yourself on addiction symptoms and behaviors for each and every type of drug available, so that you can get the help needed before it’s too late.
Drug Use | Drug Rehab in Charlotte
Oftentimes, drug addiction starts in a social situation during an experimental trial. While many think that trying drugs one time can’t possibly lead to addiction, they’re wrong. For many, one-time drug use can easily turn into frequent drug use.
Seek emergency help if you or someone you know has taken a drug and:
- Shows changes in consciousness
- May have overdosed
- Has trouble breathing
- Has signs of a possible heart attack, such as chest pain or pressure
- Has seizures or convulsions
- Has any other troublesome physical or psychological reaction to use of the drug
The following symptoms usually occur during drug use or right after. If you experience these or know someone that is using drugs, be sure to understand what they might be going through so you'll know how to help them.
Symptoms of Drug Use | Drug Rehab Charlotte
- A heightened sense of visual, auditory and taste perception
- A sense of euphoria or feeling "high"
- Behavior changes or aggression
- Changes in heart rate and blood pressure
- Chest pain
- Decreased coordination
- Decreased mental sharpness
- Delusions and hallucinations
- Depression during drug use
- Depression as the drug wears off
- Difficulty concentrating or remembering
- Dilated pupils
- Dry mouth
- An exaggerated feeling of well-being
- Feeling of exhilaration
- Excess confidence
- Impaired judgment
- Increased alertness
- Increased appetite
- Increased blood pressure and heart rate
- Increased energy
- Increased heart rate and blood pressure
- Increased sex drive
- Increased sociability
- Involuntary eye movements (nystagmus)
- Irritability or changes in mood
- Lack of coordination
- Lack of inhibition
- Memory problems
- Nasal congestion and damage to the mucous membrane of the nose (if snorting drugs)
- Nausea or vomiting with weight loss
- Panic attacks
- Problems concentrating or thinking
- Psychotic and violent behavior
- Rapid or rambling speech
- Red eyes
- Slowed breathing and reduced blood pressure
- Slowed reaction time
- Slurred speech
We hope you find this information helpful for yourself, or for loved ones that you suspect are using drugs. It's a dangerous thing that often leads to addiction. Please seek help and consider drug rehab in Charlotte if you're the one using drugs.
Legacy Freedom | Drug Rehab in Charlotte
If someone you know and love is struggling with any of the symptoms above, don’t hesitate to help them get into drug rehab in Charlotte. Drug rehab might be the only chance they have at recovery. There are numerous people dealing with addiction in the world so it's important to understand you aren't alone.
Regardless of how bad drug or alcohol use has become, help is always available. Contact Legacy Freedom if you need drug rehab in Charlotte. We are here to help you get back on track to a healthier, happier life.