Traveling during the holidays can be hectic. It can also be unsafe. Thanksgiving is one of the deadliest days to drive. Believe it or not, more than 300,000 cars will be on the road during this time. More than 40 million Americans will be traveling all together, whether it be via car, airplane or train. Thankfully, there are ways to make sure you stay safe while traveling this season.
Follow the tips below. If you've let addiction take control of your life, make a change for the better. Call the best drug and alcohol treatment center in Greensboro NC! Call Legacy Freedom today to learn more!
More Travel Tips For Thanksgiving
- Follow traffic laws. Consider the minor things like wearing your seatbelt, driving the speed limit and looking both ways. Always use your turn signal and keep both hands on the designated places of the wheel. It's important to follow traffic laws. That way, you'll be ready for possible accidents or other things.
- Have your car inspected. Ensuring your car is in good working condition is a great precaution. Get it checked out by a mechanic to make sure there's nothing wrong with it. Have the tires and battery checked and make sure your windshield wipers are in good shape, as well.
- Focus on driving. Many times, we get distracted when we're on the road. Whether it's the GPS, radio or taking a look at your phone, don't let yourself become distracted while driving, always stay focused on the road. Driving with small children can be distracting, so if you have another adult in the car make sure they are the ones settling kids. The driver should only focus on driving while keeping both hands on the wheel.
- If you're traveling with pets make sure they are secured. Whether you use harnesses, seatbelts, or crates, it's important to make sure your pets are not a distraction while driving.
- Keep snacks and water in the car at all times. You can even use videos or DVDs and games to help children stay occupied, as well.
- Stop frequently. Especially during long trips, you might need a break from driving. If you're too tired to continue driving, rotate with someone else if he or she is able to drive or stop and rest for a while.
- Before heading out, make sure all headlights, taillights and signal lights are working properly. Also be sure to clean each of the safety lights as well as the windows so that you're able to see well during the day and at night.
We hope these tips help you stay safe this holiday season. If you need more help with precautions for travel, visit back with our previous blog post. You'll find more information there.
Dependable Drug and Alcohol Treatment Center in Greensboro NC | Legacy Freedom
If you know someone who is suffering from addiction, it's time to get help. While it’s easy to believe that you are alone in this struggle, that is the farthest thing from the truth. There are numerous people dealing with addiction in the world. Regardless of how bad drug or alcohol use has become, help is always available. Contact Legacy Freedom of Greensboro if you need rehab. We are an affordable drug and alcohol treatment center in Greensboro NC that can help you get back on track to a healthier, happier life.