As parents, we want to do everything we can to help our teens succeed. During this time in their life, they’ll have many transitions. From middle school to high school, high school to college, and then on into young adulthood. Unfortunately, being a teenager isn’t easy. Even with all the help in the world, it can still be a difficult transition. Sometimes, teens make bad decisions. This can include drug use. Parents often hope that their children will never use drugs. They give them the information and resources needed to understand why drug use is bad, however, it doesn’t always deter them from using. Searching for an Asheville drug rehab center for teens? Call Legacy Freedom to learn more.
One of the hardest things parents will ever face is learning that their kids are using drugs. Sometimes, it might be difficult to determine whether or not they’re using. Even then, you may not know what type of drugs they’re using. There are several most common signs and symptoms of general drug use.
They are as follows:
- Kids who are using drugs most often have bad grades at school. Even if they were a straight A student at one point, drug use will lead them to poor grades.
- Hanging out with new friends that you’ve never met is also a sign that your teen is using drugs. They may also be getting the drugs from these friends.
- Changes in sleep patterns will occur in those who use drugs, as well. Whether they sleep too much or can’t sleep at all, there will be changes in their sleep patterns.
- Kids who are using drugs don’t have the best hygiene. They may stop showering or changing clothes often.
- Changes in attitude will also occur. Even kids who normally have the best positive attitude will show signs of negative attitudes and behaviors.
Many times, teenagers may only use marijuana and alcohol. Unfortunately, there are more serious drugs that can be used, as well. LSD, also known as acid, is a drug that can be popular among teenagers. The thought of your child using a drug like this can be overwhelming and frightening. However, it’s important to educate yourself on this drug, how it can affect your teenager, and how you can help them. Below, you will find a list of symptoms that come with using acid. It will help you determine whether or not your child is using.
- Violent displays of behavior
- Unusually empathetic
- Surge in body temperature
- Rapid variations in mood
- Psychotic-like behaviors
- Psychotic breaks
- Profuse sweating
- Poor judgment
- Panic attacks
- Memory loss
- Loss of appetite
- Lack of or no motivation
- Issues with decision-making abilities
- Increase in heart rate
- Increase in blood pressure
- Incoherent speech patterns
- Inaccurate sense of time and space
- Inability to concentrate
- Inability to communicate with others because of speaking problems
- Impaired coordination
- Highly emotional
- Feelings of rage
- Feeling like the body is decomposing
- Extreme anxiety
- Ecstatic display of emotions
- Dilated pupils
- Anxiety attacks
Here, you'll find the most commonly used drugs for teenagers. You'll find LSD on the list. Tripping on acid seems like something from a movie. However, it can be your teen's reality. Learning more about drug use and how kids abuse them can be beneficial when getting an idea of how to help them, approaching them about drug use, and finding the best rehab facility for them.
- Herbal Ecstasy
Best Asheville Drug Rehab Center for Teens
If you are struggling with how to approach your teen about drug use, contact our Asheville drug rehab center. We have staff on hand to help you and your child. Drug rehab is often the only way to overcome drug use. Recovery is just a step away so contact us to learn more.
If you think your teen is suffering from an addiction, don't lose hope. There are drug and alcohol treatment center options and programs that can help, including the following:
- Educational therapy groups
- Family advising and education
- Holistic education
- Individual therapy
- Recovery planning for relapse prevention
- Recreational activities
- Team building
Drug rehab like Legacy Freedom isn’t like any other type of rehab your teen will experience. We offer the following to those struggling with drug or alcohol use to help them learn what life without drugs and alcohol will be like.
- Adventure therapy
- Comprehensive onboarding and evaluation
- Drug testing
- Dual diagnosis
- Family therapy
- Group therapy
- Individual counseling focused on the individual’s needs
- Life skills
- Parental support and assistance
If your young adult aged son or daughter is suffering from an alcohol or drug problem, it's time to get them some help. While it’s easy for them to believe they are alone in this struggle, that is the farthest thing from the truth. There are numerous teens and young adults dealing with addiction, all over the world. Regardless of how bad drug or alcohol use has become, rehabilitation is always available. Contact Legacy Freedom of Asheville if your child needs an alternative personalized therapy. We are here to help them get back on track to a healthier, happier life at the best Asheville drug rehab center in the area.