Are you looking for ways to add self care into your daily routine this summer? If so, there are several options! Over the last two blogs, we've shared quite a few ideas that can help you make self care a weekly or daily thing, without feeling like it's a burden. These are all things that you'll love to incorporate into your life! Below, you'll find more! Need a mental health therapist in Asheville, NC this summer? Call Legacy!
- Visit a local waterfall or river. Spending the day on the river bank or next to a waterfall can do wonders for your overall well-being. Moving water can soothe and clear your mind. This is a great activity to do after a long, stressful week. Spend all day Saturday or Sunday winding down, picnicking, and enjoying a relaxing day spent being soothed by moving water sounds.
- Spend 30 minutes to an hour outdoors. Even if you’re just sitting outside enjoying the sounds of nature, try to do this every day. You might also consider choosing an outdoor activity to help get you outside each day. Biking, swimming, hiking, exercising, or taking a yoga class outdoors are all great options. Spending time outside and in nature can help promote your overall well-being and be a great way to make sure you’re taking care of yourself.
- Volunteer at a homeless shelter, humane society, or other organization in your area. You'll be giving back to the community as well as fulfilling a great self care act that will go a long way on both sides. There's nothing like making yourself feel better by helping those in need.
Promoting self care is important. We hope this information helps you make this a priority this summer. These options for self care are ones that won't be difficult to incorporate into your daily life or weekly schedule. Once you've tried one or two, you'll look forward to your next self care session! These ideas are all great fun and relaxing activities that anyone can enjoy!
Quality Mental Health Therapist In Asheville, NC
If you, or someone you love, seem to be suffering from anxiety or any other type of mental illness, contact Legacy Freedom of Asheville NC. We can help. Our trained professionals are able to treat your cause and condition with holistic treatment and alternative therapy programs that are tailored to fit your needs. We are here to help you get back on track to a happy, healthy life with various types of therapy programs. We can treat the following disorders:
- Mood Disorders
- Specific Phobias
- Bipolar Disorder
- Cyclothymic Disorder
- Eating Disorders
- PTSD and Panic Disorders
- Adjustment Disorders
- Dissociative Disorders
- Factitious Disorders
- Process Addictions
- Oppositional Defiant Disorder
- Stress Response Syndromes
- Intermittent Explosive Disorder
- Anxiety, Panic, and Social Disorders
- Sexual Dysfunction
- Gender Identity Disorders
- Personality Disorders: OCD, Paranoia, etc.
- Tic Disorders – Tourette’s, etc.
- Autism Spectrum Disorders
When you're ready to talk with our staff of professionals, contact Legacy Freedom. Our mental health therapist in Asheville, NC can help you.
Here, you'll find the other blogs in this series. Be sure to use these tips to help promote self care this summer!