Welcome back. We are here to talk more about substance abuse treatment centers and drug rehab in Charlotte. Below, you'll find facts and statistics from drugabuse.gov. They reflect the high volume of substance abuse related ER visits in the U.S. This is a serious problem that continues each day. Bringing awareness in the form of facts is a great way to help yourself, as well as someone you love that might be addicted to drugs or alcohol. Legacy Freedom is here to help you understand the dangers of substance abuse.
Admissions Statistics and Facts | Drug Rehab Charlotte
Admissions to substance abuse treatment centers in and around the U.S. are sometimes publicly funded. Below, you'll find a percentage of admissions and other information that came from a study done in 2008 by drugabuse.gov.
- 1 - Alcohol only
- 3 - Alcohol + another drug
- 0 - Marijuana
- 1 - Heroin
- 1 - Smoked cocaine (crack)
- 5 - Stimulants
- 9 - Opiates (not heroin)
- 2 - Nonsmoked cocaine (e.g., cocaine powder)
- 6 - Tranquilizers
- 2 - PCP
- 2 - Sedatives
- - Hallucinogens
- - Inhalants
- 4 - Other drugs
- 2 - None reported
Admissions for Substance Abuse According to Race
- 60 percent of admissions were White
- 21 percent were African-American
- 14 percent were Hispanic or Latino
- 2.3 percent were American Indian or Alaska Native
- 1 percent were Asian/Pacific Islander
Percentage of Admissions - Race/Ethnicity
- 8 - White
- 9 - African-American
- 7 - Hispanic Origin
- 3 - American Indian or Alaska Native
- - Asian/Pacific Islander
- 3 - Other
Here you'll find a look at percentages of admittance according to age. According to drug abuse.gov, "The age range with the highest proportion of treatment admissions was the 25–29 group at 14.8 percent, followed by those 20–24 at 14.4 percent and those 40–44 at 12.6 percent.:
Percentage of Admissions - Age Group
- 8 - 25-29
- 4 - 20-24
- 6 - 40-44
- 7 - 35-39
- 5 - 45-49
- 3 - 30-34
- 4 - 50-59
- 5 - 12-17
- 1 - 18-19
- 2 - 60-64
- 6 - 65 or older
- According to the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration’s (SAMHSA) National Survey on Drug Use and Health, 23.5 million persons aged 12 or older needed treatment for an illicit drug or alcohol abuse problem in 2009 (9.3 percent of persons aged 12 or older).
- Of these, only 2.6 million—11.2 percent of those who needed treatment—received it at a specialty facility.
- SAMHSA also reports characteristics of admissions and discharges from substance abuse treatment facilities in its Treatment Episode Data Set (TEDS).
- According to TEDS, there were 1.8 million admissions in 2008 for treatment of alcohol and drug abuse to facilities that report to State administrative data systems. Most treatment admissions (41.4 percent) involved alcohol abuse.
- Heroin and other opiates accounted for the largest percentage of drug-related admissions (20.0 percent), followed by marijuana (17.0 percent).
If you're not ready to undergo drug rehab in Charlotte, consider using our help lines or hotline chat, located directly on our website homepage. This may be a great place to start your drug treatment.
Legacy Freedom | Drug Rehab Charlotte
If you, or someone you know is suffering from a substance abuse problem, it's time to get help. While it’s easy to believe that you are alone in this struggle, that is the farthest thing from the truth. There are numerous people dealing with addiction in the world. Regardless of how bad drug or alcohol use has become, help is always available. Contact Legacy Freedom if you need drug rehab in Charlotte NC. We are here to help you get back on track to a healthier, happier life.