Fentanyl has really made a name for itself recently. Especially with recent reports that the legendary singer Prince died from a fentanyl overdose, the drug is now America's spotlight.
Fentanyl is one of the most powerful opiates. It's used to treat pain and is often prescribed for surgery recovery. It can also be prescribed to treat someone suffering from what's called breakthrough pain. This is the type of pain that other opiate painkillers cannot treat. Many times, cancer patients take fentanyl to deal with breakthrough pain.
However, this drug is highly addictive. That's why in today's post, we are going to list the signs and symptoms of fentanyl abuse. Do you, or someone you know, need alcohol or drug treatment in Columbus OH? Make Legacy Freedom your first choice for help. Call our Columbus facility today to learn more.
Signs and Symptoms of Fentanyl Abuse
As we stated above, fentanyl is a dangerous drug. It is a lot stronger than heroin, and can be 100 times stronger than morphine. Here are the signs and symptoms of fentanyl abuse.
How Fentanyl Affects Your Mood
- Heightened Emotions
- It's taken in larger amounts than prescribed
- It's taken for longer periods of time than prescribed
- Lots of time is dedicated to getting the drug
- Many hours are spent using and recovering from the drug
- Cutting back or quitting the drug is unsuccessful
- Someone continues using despite the negative effects it's having on their life
- A person withdraws from family and friends to do more of the drug
How Fentanyl Affects You Physically
- Drug cravings
- Drug tolerance - needing more and more to reach desired effects
- Swelling of hands and feet
- Constipation, vomiting, and nausea
- Constant fatigue
- Tachycardia - really fast heart rates
The signs of fentanyl abuse heavily mirrors heroin and other opiate abuse. So if you still have questions, or need professional addiction help, keep reading to see why you should call Legacy Freedom!
Affordable Drug Treatment in Columbus OH Starts with Legacy
Do you have an addiction to fentanyl? If you're ready to get help, give us a call at Legacy Freedom Columbus so you can get on the road to recovery. We’re here to help you lead a healthier, happier life with our personalized treatment programs. Our methods are proven to work because we tailor the treatment to your needs. Call the number one facility for drug treatment in Columbus OH today and break free from addiction.