Are you known for never taking time for yourself? Do you constantly put work and others before your own wellbeing? Over the course of the past three blogs our Greensboro NC drug rehab and alcohol treatment center has been talking about how to ensure your self care stays a priority.
Below, you'll find a few final tips. If you want to start the New Year off on the right foot and free of addiction, be sure to call Legacy Freedom for holistic outpatient help.
New Year Tips for Self Help and Care
- Meditate at least once a day for 10 minutes or so. Take time to focus on your breathing, attention and awareness of the body. It will be relaxing and calming.
- Pay all of your bills on time. You'll feel better knowing that you don't have outstanding debts.
- Pay attention to things that you usually do without thinking. Whether it's driving to work, eating your lunch or walking through the office, take time to notice what is surrounding you. You just might realize how beautiful the drive to work can be or just how delicious your meal is.
- Avoid drugs and alcohol at all times. An occasional glass of wine is OK but excessive alcohol intake can cause serious problems.
- Buy yourself flowers from the market every 3 to 4 days.
- Buy yourself something inexpensive and useful at least once every few weeks.
- Choose one thing at least once a week to do for yourself. Choose something that makes you happy. If it makes you feel a little bit selfish, that's all the better! This one thing each week should be something you thoroughly enjoy.
- Compare yourself to others. Be thankful for who you are and what you do.
- Consider scheduling at least five minutes of goof off time 3 to 4 times each day. You can check your personal email, Facebook or read a book. Five minutes might not seem like very long, but it will be a great way to relax and give you something to look forward to.
- Consider your feelings at the end of every day. Checking in with your emotions can help you come to terms with yourself.
- Declutter once a month. Whether it's your closet at home, office or kitchen, choose one thing each month to clean out. Then, donate everything you do not need or use anymore.
- Do a few breathing methods that help you relax, throughout each day.
- Do you have trouble making decisions? Sometimes, we aren't sure whether to go with our heart or our head. Try to make a couple of decisions with your heart. It's a great way to take care of yourself and put you first for a change.
We hope you are able to start taking care of yourself this upcoming new year. Please consider the tips from this blog as well as others in this series. If you missed the previous articles, you can find them by clicking on the links below:
- Self Help and Care Tips for the New Year, Part One
- Self Help and Care Tips for the New Year, Part Two
- Self Help and Care Tips for the New Year, Part Three
Greensboro NC Drug Rehab For The Holidays At Legacy Freedom
Tired of suffering from substance abuse and addiction? Contact Legacy Freedom to learn more about our options for Greensboro NC drug rehab and alcohol treatment. Our success rate is higher than traditional rehab facilities that require you to stay in-house until the program is complete. We know how hard it is to beat addiction. That’s why we’ve come up with a better, more successful program that will help. Addiction can leave you feeling sad, lonely, and angry. You are not alone. Legacy Freedom of Greensboro is here to help you get back on track to a happier, healthy, drug free life.
Call us today to learn more about our Greensboro drug rehab services.