Anxiety can hit at any time, and any place. It’s especially difficult to deal with stress that comes from anxiety when you’re in a situation that requires your full attention. Test anxiety is something that many of us face. However, it’s possible to overcome it. Below, you will find several ways to help you work through anxiety by using the following techniques. For the best 2018 Asheville mental health services, contact Legacy Freedom.
- While sitting, place feet flat on the floor.
- Grab your chair underneath with both hands.
- Pull up on the chair like you are trying to lift it. At the same time, push down onto the floor with your feet.
- Hold this for at least five seconds.
- Relax for five to eight seconds and then repeat.
You can do this before the test and during the test to ensure that you are completely relaxed.
- Sit with your hands in your lap, feet flat on the floor.
- Close your eyes and clear your mind.
- Don't think about anything.
- Sit in silence with no thoughts for at least 10 seconds.
- Repeat as necessary.
This is a meditation type of technique that will work great in any setting, not just test anxiety situations.
There are several techniques that you can use to help you relax before or during an important test. To learn more, visit back soon. Our next blog will offer a few more methods that work great for those hoping to reduce stress and anxiety while taking a test.
The Best Asheville Mental Health Services for 2018
If you, or someone you love, seem to be suffering from anxiety, depression, SAD, or any other type of mental illness, contact Legacy Asheville. We can help. Our trained professionals are able to treat your cause and condition with holistic treatment and alternative therapy programs that are tailored to fit your needs. We are here to help you get back on track to a happy, healthy life with therapy programs like:
- Adventure Therapy
- Acupuncture Therapy
- Chemical Dependency
- Equine Assisted
- EMDR Therapy
- Inner Child
- Life/Purpose Coaching
- Meditation Therapy
- Nutritional Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Sound Therapy
- Tai Chi
We also treat the following disorders:
- Mood Disorders
- Specific Phobias
- Bipolar Disorder
- Cyclothymic Disorder
- Eating Disorders
- PTSD and Panic Disorders
- Adjustment Disorders
- Dissociative Disorders
- Factitious Disorders
- Process Addictions
- Oppositional Defiant Disorder
- Stress Response Syndromes
- Intermittent Explosive Disorder
- Anxiety, Panic, and Social Disorders
- Sexual Dysfunction
- Gender Identity Disorders
- Personality Disorders: OCD, Paranoia, etc.
- Tic Disorders – Tourette’s, etc.
- Autism Spectrum Disorders
When you're ready to talk with our staff of professionals, contact us. Our qualified counselors can help you with quality Asheville mental health services.