Welcome back. Today, we are going to discuss more ways to relieve stress and anxiety during a test. We know that dealing with test anxiety can be difficult and can often cause you to perform poorly. However, there are techniques that can help you relax before and during the test. If you missed our previous blog, be sure to visit back there to learn more about the first two methods, before moving on. Searching for a reliable mental health counselor in Asheville, NC for 2018? Reach out to Legacy today. We care!
- Using the center of your palm, cover your eyes. Close your eyes, as well.
- Instead of putting pressure on your eyes, rest your palms on your cheekbones and place your fingers over your forehead and onto the top of your head.
- Visualize a place where you feel most relaxed and comfortable. Try to envision yourself actually being there.
- Continue visualizing for at least two minutes.
This can be done before the test and during it. To practice finding your most comfortable place, try this technique a couple of days before the test. Then, you will have an exact idea of what your place looks like.
- Close your eyes.
- Breathe in through your nose, deeply and into your abdomen.
- Wait for 1 to 2 seconds while holding your breath in.
- Slowly breathe out from your abdomen and then from your mouth.
- Repeat once or twice before taking the test. You can also do this once or twice during the test, as well.
Relaxing during test anxiety is important. It will not only help you relieve stress and anxiety but it will also help you improve your grade. We hope these tips help you do just that!
Affordable Mental Health Counselor in Asheville, NC for 2018
If you, or someone you love, seem to be suffering from anxiety or any other type of mental illness, contact Legacy Freedom of Asheville NC. We can help. Our trained professionals are able to treat your cause and condition with holistic treatment and alternative therapy programs that are tailored to fit your needs. We are here to help you get back on track to a happy, healthy life with various types of therapy programs. We can treat mental disorders in a way that gets to the root cause of everything you're dealing with. We can help you learn to cope with triggers and situations that might cause you stress or anxiety. Call now to learn more about our treatments for anxiety, depression, and to speak with a counselor in Asheville, NC that you can trust.