Teens often smoke marijuana without thinking about the risk that comes with it. Because their health is in jeopardy while using any type of drug, it's important to understand the dangers. A study done a few years back shows that teens who smoke pot are at a higher risk for schizophrenia and psychosis. If your teen needs Greensboro NC drug rehab, call Legacy Freedom for help.
Smoking marijuana leads to thoughts and perceptions that are unusual. They might believe that they are receiving secret messages through the television, assume that they are a higher power, or have problems concentrating and expressing emotions. Schizophrenia is a disabling brain disorder. It can cause psychosis. In combination, the two are especially dangerous.
Many teens try marijuana because their friends use it. Peer pressure is something that is very difficult to overcome in adolescent years. However, bringing awareness through information such as this will be a great way to help them make a better decision. Sometimes, medical facts and health risks are the one thing that will keep them from using drugs throughout their younger years.
- Large doses of marijuana may induce acute psychosis, including hallucinations, delusions and a loss of the sense of personal identity.
- In teens, marijuana affects brain systems that are still maturing, potentially leading to a negative and long-lasting effect on cognitive development.
- According to the NIDA, 15 percent of 8th graders have tried marijuana
- 6 percent of 12th graders use it daily
- 45 percent of 12th-grade students in the US have used marijuana at some time
- 15 percent of 12th graders have used it within the last month
If you think your teen is suffering from an addiction, don't lose hope. There are substance abuse treatment programs that can help. Consider the following options for your teen or young adult:
- Educational therapy groups
- Family advising and education
- Holistic education
- Individual therapy
- Recovery planning for relapse prevention
- Recreational activities
- Team building
Affordable Greensboro NC Drug Rehab And Alcohol Treatment
Substance abuse treatment centers like Legacy Freedom of Greensboro aren't like other types of rehab your teen will experience. We offer the following to those struggling with drug or alcohol use to help them learn what life without drugs and alcohol will be like:
- adventure therapy
- comprehensive onboarding and evaluation
- drug testing
- dual diagnosis
- family therapy
- group therapy
- individual counseling focused on the individual’s needs
- life skills
- parental support and assistance
Regardless of how bad your drug or alcohol use has become, help is always available. You’re not alone in this. Recovery is just a phone call or visit away. Contact Legacy Freedom of Greensboro to learn about drug rehab and our highly successful alternative outpatient therapy. We are here to help you get back on track to a healthier, happier life. Call now for Greensboro NC drug rehab you can trust!