Have you been experiencing stress, anxiety or depression regularly? If so, you might be suffering from a mental health disorder and you may need help learning to cope with it.
Physical therapy typically works well for patients who have an injury and need rehab. For example, someone who has had knee surgery might need physical therapy to help regain strength and the use of their knee after surgery.
Did you know that physical therapy can also help in mental health care, as well? Though we typically see them work with injuries due to exercise, sports, and more these professionals are also able to improve mental health.
Believe it or not, exercise can be great for mental health disorders. Below, you will find several benefits that come from working with physical therapy as a way of improving your mental health. For affordable Greensboro, NC mental health services, call Legacy Freedom for help.
- Exercise can reduce anxiety, depression and stress. Walking daily or joining a gym could be great for your overall well-being.
- Exercise can also improve your self-esteem and social interaction.
- Choosing to exercise every day will improve your mood, cognitive function and quality of sleep. All it takes is 30 minutes each day.
- Reducing fatigue is possible with exercise. You can also increase mental alertness and feel well rested after exercise and relaxation.
- Exercise is something that you can do with your loved ones. This also works to help improve your overall sense of well-being.
- There are many benefits to gain from physical therapy and mental health therapy. Because there are physiological effects from exercise, we instantly feel better. This is due to increased serotonin levels, increased brain development and improved memory, increased blood flow and increased endorphins.
If you're not sure whether or not physical therapy for mental health disorders is right for you or your loved one, be sure to contact our facility. We are here to help you come up with a plan to treat your mental illness in a way that not only makes you feel better but also helps you stay on track. We offer the following Greensboro, NC mental health services, and more.
- Adventure Therapy
- Acupuncture Therapy
- Chemical Dependency
- Equine Assisted
- EMDR Therapy
- Inner Child
- Life/Purpose Coaching
- Meditation Therapy
- Nutritional Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Sound Therapy
- Tai Chi
Holistic Greensboro, NC Mental Health Services For Depression
Are you suffering from depression symptoms and signs that you can't quite explain? Are you constantly feeling lonely, unmotivated or depressed? You might be dealing with a mental disorder. If so, it might be time to consider getting help.
We understand that you might be confused about what to do next but with holistic therapy options, you'll soon see how easy it is to learn to cope with your disorder. Just contact Legacy Freedom of Greensboro. We are here to help you with holistic and alternative therapy programs.
We have the best Greensboro, NC mental health services to help you find the root cause of your mental illness, and we also help you treat and recover from it. Learning to cope with a mental illness alone is difficult and overwhelming, however, you don't have to suffer alone. Contact our Greensboro office today for more information.