If you’ve been dealing with substance abuse and alcohol has overtaken your life, you may have been thinking about getting sober. While this is a great choice, it’s often difficult to do it alone. Those who have a severe alcohol abuse problem will probably need rehab to help them overcome their addiction. However, there are several ways to quickly get sober so that you can get into a rehabilitation program with a more clear and sound mind than you would if you were currently inebriated from alcohol. Unfortunately, there are several myths that are believed about sobering up. Here, you’ll find what not to do trying to get sober quickly. Need professional help? Contact our substance abuse treatment centers in Charlotte NC.
Myths of Getting Sober | Substance Abuse Treatment Centers Charlotte NC
- Often times, leave her to take a cold shower to help fight the effects of alcohol. However, getting a cold shower can give you more energy but it won’t detox your body from alcohol. And worst cases, a cold shower can shock the system and cons unconsciousness and those who have had too much to drink.
- It has been believed for quite a while but drinking strong, black coffee can help sober someone up. However, because caffeine can wake you up and give you energy, it can make you think you’re able to drive or operate machinery wake you up and give you energy, it can make you think you’re able to drive or operate machinery. The truth is because alcohol makes you sleepy and caffeine works like a stimulant, mixing the two may be more dangerous and cause side effects that can be worrisome.
- Eating a cheeseburger and french fries are a go-to for many when it comes to sobering up. However, this only works if you eat a full fatty meal before drinking. Then, alcohol won’t have as much of an effect. It will be absorbed much more slowly. Once it’s absorbed, nothing will help remove it more quickly.
- Forcing yourself to vomit is another common way to sober up. However, this is very dangerous. It does not help get the alcohol out of your bloodstream. Vomiting only helps if you feel nauseous from drinking too much. It will alleviate the nausea.
We hope this information helps you do the right thing when it comes to sobering up. It’s important to understand our facility can help you. Contact us to learn more. Also, be sure to visit back, next post so that you can learn how to quickly get sober without causing yourself any more harm or danger.
If you are struggling with addiction, don't lose hope. There are substance abuse treatment programs that can help. Consider the following options for you or someone you love:
- Educational therapy groups
- Family advising and education
- Holistic education
- Individual therapy
- Recovery planning for relapse prevention
- Recreational activities
- Team building
Substance abuse treatment centers in Charlotte NC like Legacy Freedom, isn’t like any other type of rehab you will experience. We offer the following to those struggling with drug or alcohol use, in hopes to help you learn what life without drugs and alcohol will be like:
- adventure therapy
- comprehensive onboarding and evaluation
- drug testing
- dual diagnosis
- family therapy
- group therapy
- individual counseling focused on the individual’s needs
- life skills
Legacy Freedom | Substance Abuse Treatment Centers in Charlotte NC
Do you think you or someone you love is suffering from an addiction and aren’t sure where to turn next? Regardless of how bad your drug or alcohol use has become, help is always available. You’re not alone in this. Recovery is just a phone call or visit away. Contact Legacy Freedom to learn about our substance abuse treatment centers in Charlotte NC and our highly successful outpatient therapy. We are here to help you get back on track to a healthier, happier life.