Do you or someone you know suffer from ADHD? If so there are several myths about this condition that the majority of people believe to be true. However, we are here today to list those myths and offer facts so that you can help yourself or someone you know better understand this serious condition. Need Greensboro, NC mental health services? Call Legacy Freedom.
- ADHD does not go away with time. Many people believe that children will grow out of it. However, it's a lifelong condition that can be experienced as a child, teen, and also in adulthood.
- Believe it or not, girls also have ADHD. Many people believe that only boys are diagnosed with this condition. While they are twice as likely to have it as girls, that doesn't mean that females aren't diagnosed, as well. In general, females with ADHD tend to be more ADD and are less disruptive. They tend to seem like they're daydreaming.
- For those who think that ADHD comes from bad parenting, take another look at the facts. This commonly misunderstood idea stems from children who behave poorly due to this condition. However, bad parenting does not cause ADHD.
- Many believe that anyone with ADHD is unusually hyperactive. This is not the case. It's especially not true with children. There are three different types of this condition and only one causes hyperactivity. The others cause those who suffer to appear as if they are in their own world or constantly daydreaming.
- One of the most common untrue thoughts about ADHD is that it isn't a real, diagnosable medical condition. It is very real. The American Psychiatric Association, The National Institute of Health and The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention all recognize ADHD as a true condition. Research supports this. Research also supports that it runs in families and could be genetic.
If you or someone you love are suffering from ADHD and need more information on how to treat it, please be sure to contact us. We can help.
Affordable Greensboro, NC Mental Health Services | Legacy Freedom
Are you suffering from anxiety, sadness, or depression symptoms and signs that you can't quite explain? Are you constantly feeling lonely, unmotivated, or depressed? You might be dealing with a mental disorder. If so, it might be time to consider getting help.
We understand that you might be confused about what to do next, but with holistic therapy options you'll soon see how easy it is to learn to cope with your disorder. Just contact Legacy Freedom of Greensboro. We are here to help you with holistic and alternative therapy programs.
We have the best Greensboro, NC mental health services to help you find the root cause of your mental illness, and we also help you treat and recover from it. Learning to cope with a mental illness alone is difficult and overwhelming. You don't have to suffer alone. Contact our Greensboro office today for more information.