Welcome back. We are here to talk more about the most addictive prescription drugs available. These drugs can be used to help treat chronic or sudden onset of pain, but they can also be used in the wrong way, as well. Many enter drug rehab in Charlotte NC for prescribed drug abuse. Below, you'll find more drugs that are commonly perscribed and misused.
Abused Prescription Drugs | Drug Rehab in Charlotte NC
- Vicodin - a mixture of acetaminophen and hydrocodone. This opioid analgesic pain reliever depresses the central nervous system. It also impairs mental and physical functions.
- Valium – According to drugabuse.com, “Valium is in a class of drugs called benzodiazepines. It is used to treat anxiety, seizures and muscle spasms. It can be habit forming, so it should not be taken for an extended period of time. To learn more about how to help a Valium addict and the negative effects of using Valium, talk to our specialists by dialing
- Ultram – a pain reliever that treats chronic pain. Also known as tramadol, this drug helps in the same way a narcotic drug does. It is highly addictive.
- Tylox – Used for pain and in patients that suffer from liver disease, Tylox is a narcotic also used for pain. The drug can cause drowsiness and dizziness.
- Temesta – used to relax muscles, this drug is also used as an antiemetic, anticonvulsant, sedative, amnesic and anxiolytic. It’s also great for seizures and insomnia.
- Tramal - used for pain management, it has a low risk of dependency but is habit forming, as it helps to get rid of pain very quickly.
- Triazolam - a drug used to treat insomnia, Triazolam works to help you stay asleep, in addition to helping you fall asleep. It’s very addictive.
- Tussionex – According to drugabuse.com, “Tussionex is a prescription medication that contains a combination of hydrocodone and chlorpheniramine. The hydrocodone suppresses coughing while the other active ingredient serves as an antihistamine. It is used to relieve symptoms of colds and the flu.”
If you're interested in learning more about the most abused and addictive prescription drugs, be sure to visit back with our next blog post.
If you, or someone you know, is suffering from a substance abuse problem, it's time to get help. While it’s easy to believe that you are alone in this struggle that is the farthest thing from the truth. There are numerous people dealing with addiction in the world. Regardless of how bad drug use has become, help is always available. Contact Legacy Freedom if you need drug rehab in Charlotte NC. We are here to help you get back on track to a healthier, happier life.
Be sure to visit back with other blogs in this series, below:
Most Addictive Prescription Drugs Part 1
Most Addictive Prescription Drugs Part 2
Most Addictive Prescription Drugs Part 3
Most Addictive Prescription Drugs Part 4