Addiction is all around us. Whether it's in the form an addiction to alcohol, prescription drugs or illegal substances, many suffer from abuse issues. If you're worried that a loved one is a victim of addiction, it's important to know that prescription medication addiction is an extremely common problem. Sometimes, the drugs are given by a doctor to help with pain management. Sometimes, they can be given to help with alcohol addiction and damaged the abuse has done to our bodies. Below, you'll find a list of some of the most addictive prescribed drugs.
Prescription Drug Addiction | Alcohol Rehab in Charlotte NC
- Zydone - an opiate that contains a mixture of Hydrocodone Bitartrate and acetaminophen. Used for pain management. Best for moderately severe but highly addictive.
- Zolpidem – used as a sedative in the treatment of insomnia. According to drugabuse.com, “It depresses the central nervous system and decreases activity in the brain to cause drowsiness. The drug is taken orally as a pill or spray.”
- Xodol – This drug is a combination of two pain relievers; hydrocodone and acetaminophen. According to drugabuse.com, “The presence of acetaminophen increases the effects of hydrocodone, which is classified as a narcotic pain reliever. Xodol is used to relieve moderate to severe pain.”
- Xanax - a benzodiazepine that is used to prevent anxiety and panic attacks. It can be prescribed to treat anxiety caused by depression, as well.
- Vivitrol – Also known as a naltrexone injection, this drug is prescribed in conjunction with psychological counseling for patients recovering from drug or alcohol addiction. It reduces the urge to drink or use drugs. It cannot be taken together with drugs or alcohol.
- Vicoprofen - a combination drug that contains hydrocodone and ibuprofen. It is used for the treatment of severe pain as a short-term option for relief.
If you're interested in learning more about the most abused and addictive prescription drugs, be sure to visit back with our next blog post.
If you, or someone you know, is suffering from a substance abuse problem, it's time to get help. While it’s easy to believe that you are alone in this struggle that is the farthest thing from the truth. There are numerous people dealing with addiction in the world. Regardless of how bad alcohol use has become, help is always available. Contact Legacy Freedom if you need alcohol rehab in Charlotte NC. We are here to help you get back on track to a healthier, happier life.
Be sure to visit back with other blogs in this series, below:
Most Addictive Prescription Drugs Part 1
Most Addictive Prescription Drugs Part 2
Most Addictive Prescription Drugs Part 3
Most Addictive Prescription Drugs Part 4