When entering recovery, you’re starting a new, drug-free life that has endless possibilities. While it sounds amazing, recovery can also be very difficult. Triggers and depression can hit at any time, causing you to crave your previous behaviors and actions. That’s why it’s important to stay motivated through inspiration.
Below, you’ll find quotes that can help you in your darkest times. Use these quotes to get you through a time where you are faced with a trigger or emotion that might seem like you can’t rise above it.
Recovery Quotes | Drug Treatment in Charlotte NC
- “Get in touch with their own intuition. The answers are inside if we have a process to be introspective.” ~ Dr. Herby Bell
- “Hope begins in the dark, the stubborn hope that if you just show up and try to do the right thing, the dawn will come. You wait and watch and work: you don’t give up.” ~ Anne Lamott
- “Our family is affected by addiction. I will accept it, find strength in God and my recovering community, and go forward.” ~ Libby Cataldi
- “People spend a lifetime searching for happiness; looking for peace. They chase idle dreams, addictions, religions, even other people, hoping to fill the emptiness that plagues them. The irony is the only place they ever needed to search was within.” ~ Ramona L. Anderson
- “Positive thoughts and prayer have been the best means available, since the beginning of time, to transform darkness to light.” ~ Cate Stevens
- “Recovery is all about using our power to change our beliefs that are based on faulty data.” ~ Kevin McCormack
- “The CRAFT approach, developed by Bob Meyers at U of New Mexico, is one set of important tools that DO work, and it feels great to see families using these strategies and getting results, feeling hopeful again, feeling empowered, getting support, learning to trust themselves again, getting their lives and the lives of their children back.” ~ Jeff Foote, PhD
- “The hope was out there and came from the opportunities that I began creating for myself.” ~ Super Star
- “There is a place in this movement for everybody, whether you just want to share your story at a school, share your story with your neighbor or you want to speak to your legislator about how important supporting addiction recovery is for our communities.” ~ Greg Williams
- “Thriving people believe that we are moving forward towards good. The world isn’t coming to an end. The old model just doesn’t work anymore.” ~ Tess Marshall
- “We can and we must do better as prolonged recovery is now an achievable result of comprehensive addiction treatment.” ~ Stephen Pasierb
- “We’re all looking at the people around us, the people who have gone before us who have succeeded in recovery and have long-term sobriety and they are an illustration for us of how good it can be.” ~ Scott Stevens
- “We’re saying that the way people sustain ongoing, long-term change is through building a better life in ways that matter to them as individuals.” ~ Nicole Kosanke, PhD
For more inspiring quotes about recovery, be sure to visit back with our previous blog post. We hope these help you while on your journey through a drug-free life.
Are you suffering from addiction and unsure of how you'll ever recover? Regardless of how bad drug or alcohol use has become, help is always available. Contact Legacy Freedom if you need drug treatment in Charlotte NC. We are here to help you get back on track to a healthier, happier life.