Do you know someone who struggles with mental illness? If so, you might have trouble understanding what they're going through. They may be okay one day and having issues the next. Unfortunately, this is common. If you're hoping to help your loved one, understanding what they mean can help. Oftentimes, you'll hear those that are suffering from mental health issues say that they're tired. This can mean many things, including the following below. For the best depression treatment in Asheville, only Legacy can help. Call today to learn more.
- “I’m tired” could mean that they’re mentally tired and unable to rise above their emotions. They might have a bad day and struggle to put their emotions aside. They might seem normal physically, but internally they’re about to break.
- Disclosing that one is tired could mean that they’re struggling with their particular mental illness that day. Sometimes, no matter how hard you fight to cope with depression or anxiety it can get the best of you.
- Sometimes the truth is hard to talk about. Telling others that they’re tired could mean that they’re not able to talk about what they’re dealing with. They might not want to burden others with their troubles or symptoms that are coming from mental illness.
- Those who say they’re tired when dealing with anxiety, depression, or other mental illness might mean that they’re overly emotional and can’t figure out a way to cope with their feelings. They might feel like they’re going to explode with anger or sadness. They feel fragile and out of control when it comes to getting their emotions in order.
- Using the term “I’m tired” might refer to the fact that those suffering may feel like they can’t ever get ahead. They’re constantly taking one step forward and two steps back. This can be taxing emotional and physically, as they’re fighting to live life without their mental illness taking over.
We hope this helps you start to understand your loved one better. Dealing with mental illness isn't easy for anyone, whether they're directly or indirectly involved. If you're looking to find more information, be sure to check back soon. We will have more for you in our next blog.
Best Depression Treatment in Asheville
Sometimes, professional treatment from a facility like Legacy Freedom of Asheville is the only way to rise above mental illness and the symptoms you experience. We offer tailored treatments that help the direct needs of each of our patients. Support structures are a vital part of all recovery ventures.
Several of our therapies occur in a group setting, surrounding you with the support you need to get back on the right path. It’s important to consider getting help, especially during the turn of the season when you aren’t sure how the weather might affect your mood or behavior.
If you’d like to speak to us about mental health disorders and holistic treatment for them, feel free to contact Legacy Freedom of Asheville for help. We have the best depression treatment in Asheville, NC to help you regain your strength and find the path to health and recovery.
To see all blogs in this series click on the following links: