Are you worried that you or someone you know has an addiction to drugs or alcohol? If so, we have some information for you. Below, you'll find questions to ask yourself. They'll help you determine if addiction is a possibility for yourself or a loved one.
Addiction | Substance Abuse Treatment Centers Charlotte NC
NCADD.org lists several questions you can ask yourself in the event that you are worried that you've become an addict. They'll help you better understand your situation and whether or not you need to talk with substance abuse treatment centers in Charlotte NC to help you fight addiction.
- Are you always able to stop using drugs whenever you want to?
- Can you get through the week without using drugs?
- Do you ever feel bad or guilty about your drug use?
- Do you use more than one drug at a time?
- Do your spouse, parents or other family members ever complain about your involvement with drugs?
- Has drug use created problems between you and your spouse or your parents?
- Have you been arrested for possession of illegal drugs?
- Have you been in trouble at work because of drug use?
- Have you been involved in a treatment program specifically related to drug use?
- Have you engaged in illegal activities in order to obtain drugs?
- Have you ever experienced withdrawal symptoms (felt sick) when you stopped taking drugs?
- Have you gone to anyone for help for a drug problem?
- Have you gotten into fights when under the influence of drugs?
- Have you had "blackouts" or "flashbacks" as a result of drug use?
- Have you had medical problems as a result of your drug use (e.g. memory loss, hepatitis, convulsions, bleeding, etc.)?
- Have you lost a job because of drug use?
- Have you lost friends because of your use of drugs?
- Have you neglected your family because of your use of drugs?
- Have you used drugs other than those required for medicinal reasons?
- Have you used prescription drugs at higher doses than recommended or needed to obtain a new prescription before the due date?
Below, you'll find a few signs and symptoms that will help you better understand addiction and what it can do to you.
- Always trying to resist impulses but failing to do so
- Avoiding work gatherings, social settings or recreational activities that were once loved
- Constant need to stop without ability to do so
- Decreased interest in social, financial or academic stature
- Disappearing often without any real place to go
- Failure to control actions
- Inability to stop behaviors that aren’t normal
- Increased intensity in behavior
- Lapsing into moods marked by distress, anxiety, restlessness or violence when the behavior isn’t engaged in
- Risking safety to get attention
- Showing frequent destructive behaviors
- Showing moody behaviors; distress, anxiety, violence, restlessness become more noticeable
Realizing that these symptoms and behaviors are now a part of your lifestyle leads to one thing only. The need substance abuse treatment centers in Charlotte NC. Contact us anytime to talk with our counselors about drug treatment.
If you feel like anxiety or depression is a part of your everyday life, it might be time to consider getting help. Please contact us to learn more about our services. We are here to help you get back on track to a happy, healthy life. You'll find that we offer alternative and holistic treatment. Our programs are geared toward helping individuals cope with their disorders.
Accepting that you need help with an addiction an be difficult. Often, those suffering blame themselves for their situation and rarely believe that they can be helped. Feeling helpless and hopeless is a common problem with all types of dependency. However, accepting help is the first step in the right direction. Know that whatever it is that's causing addiction, treatment can help. Holistic, alternative therapy is here for you. All you have to do is acknowledge that you need it.
When you're ready to talk with our staff of professionals, contact Legacy Freedom. We can help you with affordable addiction recovery services that work.