Are you having trouble controlling your anger? If so, there are several ways you can get your emotions under control without having to suffer from them all day long. Below, you'll find a breathing technique that works great for those at work or in other situations where your anger sometimes gets the best of you.
This method will help you not only control your emotional upset, but also get you back on track to a less stressful day. For the very best in alcohol and drug rehab in Greensboro NC, call Legacy Freedom today! We can help people with addiction problems.
How to Stop Being So Angry
Breathing Method to Stop Anger
When we are upset, the last thing we are thinking about is our breathing. However, if we are angry, our breathing is shallow, causing less oxygen to get to the brain and other parts of our body. Below, you’ll find a technique that will help you in a situation where you’re immediately angered. This breathing method will help you calm down quickly so that you can move on with the rest of your day.
Most of us are shallow breathers, and air only stays in the top of our lungs. Deep breathing exercises will get more oxygen into our brains, and into the rest of our body. Try this:
Take a chair into a deserted room that’s darkened, if possible.
- Sit up straight in the chair.
- If you can’t sit or find a secluded room, stand up straight against the wall.
- If possible, loosen your belt. Tight clothing can restrict deep breathing.
- Inhale deeply through your nose.
- Exhale completely through your mouth.
- Place your hand over your stomach.
- As you take a deep breath in, make sure your hand moves while your stomach expands. This means your diaphragm is filling with air.
- While exhaling, make sure your hand retracts, as the diaphragm does, due to air leaving.
- When inhaling, count to five.
- When exhaling, count to five.
- As you’re able, add a count to your exhale.
- Continue doing so until you reach 10, if possible.
- Repeat this exercise at least five times before moving on. If you’re still feeling angered or stressed, consider repeating another five times.
Sit for three or four minutes with your eyes closed. Be still and silent. You’ll find that doing so after this exercise will help you keep this positive mindset throughout the rest of your day.
We hope this information helps you fight your anger when you need to calm down at work or in another situation where you can’t focus due to being upset. If you’re interested in learning more, be sure to visit back with our next two blogs. We will have easy tips to help you fight anger easily so that you don’t ruin your entire day over it.
Quality Drug Rehab in Greensboro NC Begins with Legacy Freedom
If your loved one is suffering from an alcohol or drug problem, it's time to get them some help. While it’s easy for them to believe they are alone in this struggle, that is the farthest thing from the truth as there are numerous people in the world dealing with addiction. Regardless of how bad drug or alcohol use has become, help is always available. Contact Legacy Freedom of Greensboro if you, or a loved one, needs alternative, personalized therapy. We are here to help them get back on track to a healthier, happier life with the best alcohol treatment and drug rehab in Greensboro NC.
Be sure to visit with the other blogs in this series below: