Are you looking forward to the holidays but worried that you'll want to partake in a cup of cheer or two? If so, there are several ways to fulfill your craving without alcohol.
Below, you'll find several "mocktail" recipes that will be delicious and festive throughout the entire holiday season! Searching for an Asheville alcohol rehab center? Call Legacy Freedom today!
Mock Moscow Mule
- Lemon and ginger infused ice cubes - 3 to 5 depending on the drinker’s preference
- 2 ounces sparkling water, tonic or club soda
- 1 tablespoon simple syrup
- 1 ounce lime juice
- ½ cup of your brand choice of ginger beer (It’s non-alcoholic, despite the name!)
- Add all ingredients in a glass and stir well.
- Garnish with a slice of lime and a small slice of ginger.
Traditionally, you’re to shake a Moscow mule after it’s been assembled. Refrain from doing so with the mock version, as the carbonation might cause some problems and also taste flat!
Apple-Ginger Nonalcoholic Spritzer
- 1/4 cup ginger syrup
- 6 cinnamon sticks
- 4 1/2 cups sparkling apple cider
- 6 pieces crystallized ginger
- Place 2 tablespoons ginger syrup in each of six glasses.
- Fill glasses with ice cubes, pour in cider, and stir to combine.
- Garnish with cinnamon sticks and fresh ginger.
Pink Grapefruit "Mockarita"
- 6 teaspoons pomegranate syrup or grenadine
- 2 tablespoons colored sanding sugar
- 1 lime
- 1 1/2 cups pink grapefruit juice
- Place sanding sugar in a shallow dish or plate.
- Slice six thin rounds from the middle of lime; set aside.
- Rub lime wedge around rims of six glasses; dip each rim in sugar to coat.
- Pour 1 teaspoon pomegranate syrup into bottom of each glass.
- Place grapefruit juice and 2 cups ice cubes in a blender.
- Process on high speed until ice is crushed.
- Pour mixture into glasses.
- Stir to combine with syrup.
- Garnish with reserved lime rounds.
- Serve immediately.
Apple Pie Cider
- Ground cloves
- Freshly grated nutmeg
- 7 whole cinnamon sticks, (6 sticks for garnish)
- 3 tablespoons firmly packed light-brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 1/4 quarts apple cider
- In a medium saucepan, whisk together cider, sugar, spices, and salt.
- Bring to a simmer over medium-low heat.
- Remove from heat.
- Strain into a pitcher.
- Discard solids.
- Serve in clear mugs.
- Garnish with cinnamon sticks or a slice of apple.
Are you looking foward to making a few of these non-alcoholic drinks for the upcoming holidays? If so, which one do you like the best? Any other ideas that will make a great "mocktail"? Please share your favorites below!
Outpatient Asheville Alcohol Rehab Center | Legacy Freedom
If you, or someone you know, are suffering from an alcohol abuse problem, it's time to get help. While it’s easy to believe that you are alone in this struggle, that is the farthest thing from the truth. There are numerous people dealing with addiction in the world. Regardless of how bad drug or alcohol use has become, help is always available. Contact Legacy Freedom if you need an alternative Asheville alcohol rehab center. Our programs are designed to work because they're personalized to the needs of the addict. Don't hesitate to contact us to learn more. We are here to help you get back on track to a healthier, happier life.