Many rehab facilities choose to offer treatment to addicts that include using drugs as a way of recovering. Methadone and Suboxone are two of the most commonly used. While there have been cases where this type of treatment works, research clearly indicates that counseling is critical to help you achieve most treatment and recovery goals.
Methadone and Suboxone will not improve relationships, help create new ones, increase coping skills or help in job or career searches during recovery.
Using drugs to treat addiction also poses cause for concern in other areas as well. Below, you'll find several reasons why Legacy Freedom chooses to treat patients with customized, holistic programs that are highly effective and successful, without the use of drugs for treatment.
- A daily visit to a Methadone clinic for treatment can be bothersome, especially for those who have personal and professional responsibilities.
- It can be a habit forming drug, meaning that you will face withdrawal symptoms when it is time to stop taking the medication.
- Overdosing on Methadone is a possibility, meaning that patients should only take the amount prescribed by their doctor.
- Daily visits to the Methadone clinic may be difficult for some patients, especially when traveling distance is great.
- It is possible to continue to use illicit opioids while on Methadone.
- Methadone treatment follows a strict protocol which makes some patients feel that they have no control over their own recovery.
- Methadone and Suboxone show up in urine testing for employment.
- Some find it difficult to overcome self-esteem issues in a clinic environment.
According to nytimes.com, "Nationally, at least 1,350 of 12,780 doctors have been sanctioned for offenses that include excessive narcotics prescribing, insurance fraud, sexual misconduct and practicing medicine while impaired. Some have been suspended or arrested, leaving patients in the lurch."
It's hard to believe that rehab facilities geared toward drug recovery would subject their patients to more additive drugs as a treatment. While not every person that uses these drugs become addicted, the risk is far greater than the advantages of this type of therapy.
Drug-Free Greensboro NC Drug Rehab | Legacy Freedom
That's why Legacy Freedom is here to offer you a better program. One that's main focus is becoming drug free. Our recovery therapies take a highly successful holistic approach. We strive to offer outpatient, personalized rehabilitation that fits the needs of each individual. There's no "one size fits all" addict. That means each addict responds differently to rehab. Without taking time to find what works, patients will never get the help they need to ensure recovery.
Legacy Freedom of Greensboro is not a traditional 12-step treatment center nor do we offer Methadone or Suboxone treatments. Research shows that outpatient programs, like Legacy, tend to be more effective with higher success rates. This is not a live-in program, but still requires serious commitment. While enrolled in our outpatient treatment programs, clients will be involved in individual therapy, group counseling and alternative therapies.
If you, or someone you know, is suffering from a substance abuse problem, it's time to get help. While it’s easy to believe that you are alone in this struggle that is the farthest thing from the truth. There are numerous people dealing with addiction in the world. Regardless of how bad drug or alcohol use has become, help is always available. Contact Legacy Freedom to learn more about our outpatient Greensboro NC drug rehab programs that will help you get back on track to a healthier, happier life.