Gratitude is a wonderful thing. It's very beneficial for those who are suffering from mental health disorders. Below, you'll find several reasons why. For the best Asheville mental health services, contact Legacy today.
- Gratitude makes us happy. Believe it or not, writing down everything you're grateful for in a journal every day can increase well-being long-term. This can do so because it helps you put your blessings into perspective. It is also good for improving relationships, emotions, careers, personality and health. Take five minutes each day to write down everything you're grateful for. You'll quickly notice a difference in how much happier you are.
- Would you believe that gratitude makes us nicer people? That means you'll be more social, more appreciative and have more friends, overall. Why? Gratitude can deepen relationships and improve marriages.
- Overall, gratitude can improve your health. In a study done by happierhuman.com, it was found that 25% of those studied had an increase in sleep quality, 8% got more sleep, 19% spent more time exercising, 10% more had less physical pain than normal and 16% more had less physical symptoms than they did before they began counting their blessings and being more gracious.
- Gratitude has been known to reduce depression. It not only lowers symptoms of depression it also makes people happier in general because they are able to relax more, lower their blood pressure, and get enough sleep to help them function throughout their day.
If you're ready to learn more about how gratitude can affect your mental health in a great way, be sure to visit our next blog post. There, you'll find other surprising ways it can be beneficial!
The Best Asheville Mental Health Services
If you, or someone you love, seem to be suffering from anxiety, depression, SAD, or any other type of mental illness, contact Legacy Asheville. We can help. Our trained professionals are able to treat your cause and condition with holistic treatment and alternative therapy programs that are tailored to fit your needs. We are here to help you get back on track to a happy, healthy life with therapy programs like:
- Adventure Therapy
- Acupuncture Therapy
- Chemical Dependency
- Equine Assisted
- EMDR Therapy
- Inner Child
- Life/Purpose Coaching
- Meditation Therapy
- Nutritional Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Sound Therapy
- Tai Chi
We also treat the following disorders:
- Mood Disorders
- Specific Phobias
- Bipolar Disorder
- Cyclothymic Disorder
- Eating Disorders
- PTSD and Panic Disorders
- Adjustment Disorders
- Dissociative Disorders
- Factitious Disorders
- Process Addictions
- Oppositional Defiant Disorder
- Stress Response Syndromes
- Intermittent Explosive Disorder
- Anxiety, Panic, and Social Disorders
- Sexual Dysfunction
- Gender Identity Disorders
- Personality Disorders: OCD, Paranoia, etc.
- Tic Disorders – Tourette’s, etc.
- Autism Spectrum Disorders
When you're ready to talk with our staff of professionals, contact us. Our qualified counselors can help you with quality Asheville mental health services.