Asheville, NC is an amazing place to find great things to do this summer. If you’re looking for a few sober events and activities, be sure to check out the following happening all this month!
Things to Do August 6th – 12th
- Black Mountain Hey Hey Cupcake Sourwood Festival - Friday through Sunday, August 10-12 in downtown Black Mountain.
- Laugh Your Asheville Off Comedy Festival - Thursday through Saturday, August 9-11 at Various Locations in Asheville.
- Broken Road Studio Second Saturday - Saturday, August 11, 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. at the River Arts District, Asheville.
- Shindig on the Green - Saturday, August 11, 7-10 p.m. at Pack Square Park, Downtown Asheville.
- Different Strokes Presents Every Brilliant Thing at the BeBe Theatre, 7:30 p.m. Thursday - Saturday through August 25.
- Singer/songwriter Sarah Tucker – Ginger’s Revenge, 8 p.m.
- Cosmic Charlie at The Orange Peel
- Todd Nance and Friends at Isis Restaurant and Music Hall
- Savannah Smith and Southern Soul – at Salvage Station
- Peppino D’Agostino and Carlos Reyes at Isis Restaurant and Music Hall
- Black Moth Super Rainbow at The Orange Peel
More Events and Festivals During August
- During the month of August, you’ll be able to visit the Biltmore house and take a look at the beautiful gardens. You’ll also be able to see a glass sculpture expert while there. Don’t miss it! The glass sculptures will be featured until the first week of October.
- The Lake Lure Olympiad will be Friday, August 10 through August 12. The Olympiad will feature a 10K run, triathlon, and a race up Chimney Rock. There will be events for all ages from kids to adults. Whether you’re a beginner athlete or have been training for years, you will love this event! Spectators are also welcome.
- Banner Elk will be featuring an arts and crafts festival August 10 through August 12. You can find this event on the lawn of the historic elementary school there in Banner Elk. If you're looking for pottery, paintings, photography, sculptures, jewelry and more you will love this festival.
- In nearby Valdese, you will find a Waldensian festival that will feature Waldenses culture. This festival is August 11 from 9 AM to 6 PM.
- Downtown Asheville gives you the opportunity to enjoy live music outdoors on Friday, August 17 from 5 to 9. Admission is free.
- Do you love vintage cars, hot rods, motorcycles, and American Muscle? If so, don’t miss the Hot Nights Cool Rides auto show in Forest City North Carolina. On August 18 from 9 AM to 8 PM you will find some of the best vehicles from all over the southeast. With around 400 vehicles, you’ll find that it’s one of the largest shows in the south. Admission is free. There will also be live music and food.
- Most people know and love the movie Dirty Dancing. It was filmed in nearby Lake Lure. August 24 through the 25th, you will find a Dirty Dancing festival that will commemorate the film. Be sure to stop by and relive this classic movie in its original filming location.
We hope you find something fun and entertaining to do this month in and around the Asheville NC area! There are many wonderful, sober things to do that will give you a break from work and stress. Take a friend or loved one and have fun!
Suffering from addiction? Please contact Legacy of Asheville to learn more about our alternative Asheville alcohol rehab center.
We are here to help you get back on track to a happy, healthy life. You'll find the following alternative, holistic treatment programs are geared toward helping individuals cope with substance abuse.
- Adventure therapy
- Acupuncture therapy
- Chemical dependency
- Equine assisted
- EMDR therapy
- Inner child
- Life/Purpose coaching
- Meditation therapy
- Nutritional therapy
- Physical therapy
- Sound therapy
- Tai chi
Accepting that you need help with addiction can be difficult. Often, those suffering blame themselves for their situation and rarely believe that they can be helped. Feeling helpless and hopeless is a common problem with substance abuse issues. Accepting help is the first step in the right direction. Know that whatever it is that's causing your addiction, our alcohol and drug treatment in Asheville NC can help. Holistic, alternative therapy is here for you. All you have to do is acknowledge that you need it.
Did you know that at our Asheville alcohol rehab center and drug treatment facility we’re not a one-size-fits-all rehab facility? We provide group and individual counseling and alternative therapies. By offering day and evening hours, we can accommodate most schedules. Call now to learn more.