Welcome back! We are here to talk more about food addiction. If you missed our previous blog, be sure to visit back with it before moving on. Below, you will find signs and symptoms of a food addiction. If you need a qualified mental health therapist in Wilmington, NC to help you deal with a food addiction, Legacy can help you. Call now.
- Low self-esteem
- Suicidal ideas
- Increased feelings of anxiety
- Panic attacks
- Increased irritability
- Irritation that comes with being unable to eat or feeling restricted
- Emotional detachment or numbness
Webmd.com states that if the following situations are true for you, you may have a food addiction. The situations, according to the website are:
- You eat certain foods so often or in such large amounts that you start eating food instead of working, spending time with the family, or doing recreational activities.
- You avoid professional or social situations where certain foods are available because of fear of overeating.
- You have problems functioning effectively at your job or school because of food and eating.
As you can see, food addictions might seem normal. Many of the signs and symptoms are similar to what we deal with on a daily basis. We all get hungry. We all use food to heal our emotions at some point. Food addictions are tricky because they can seem like a normal part of life. However, when obesity and health problems come into play, things can become troublesome. That's why it's important to learn as much as you can about food addiction and eating disorders. As we mentioned in our previous blog post, this series will talk in detail about both.
If you missed our previous blog post be sure to visit back, here. Also be sure to stay tuned for next time. There, you will find even more information that can help you better understand food addiction.
Affordable Mental Health Therapist in Wilmington, NC For Food Addiction
Need help with a food addiction or other mental condition? Contact Legacy Freedom. We treat the following mental illnesses:
- Mood Disorders
- Specific Phobias
- Bipolar Disorder
- Cyclothymic Disorder
- Eating Disorders
- PTSD and Panic Disorders
- Adjustment Disorders
- Dissociative Disorders
- Factitious Disorders
- Process Addictions
- Oppositional Defiant Disorder
- Stress Response Syndromes
- Intermittent Explosive Disorder
- Anxiety, Panic, and Social Disorders
- Sexual Dysfunction, Gender Identity Disorders
- Personality Disorders: OCD, Paranoia, etc.
- Tic Disorders – Tourette’s etc.
- Autism Spectrum Disorders
We can help you find the root cause of your mental illness and also help you treat and recover from it. Learning to cope with a mental illness alone is difficult and overwhelming. However, you don't have to suffer alone. Contact Legacy Freedom to speak with a mental health therapist in Wilmington, NC today to get your life back.