Learning to cope with a loved one's addiction is as hard as an addict learning to cope with the fact that they're dependent on a substance. Dealing with addiction isn't easy for anyone involved. Sometimes, families can't find it within them to accept that the addiction isn't a choice; that it's a disease which causes the brain to believe their life depends on using. That's why our drug rehab in Charlotte NC is here to help.
However, learning to accept, finding acceptance for addiction is one of the first steps to recovery. Without accepting addiction, learning to live drug free will never happen.
Over the course of the next few blog posts, we will be talking about the importance of acceptance. Below, you'll find quotes that can help you begin to understand why this concept is so important. These quotes should inspire you to find acceptance so that recovery can begin. Whether you're loved one is suffering from substance abuse or you are, yourself, we hope you find comfort in these quotes.
Finding Acceptance | Drug Rehab Charlotte NC
- For after all, the best thing one can do when it is raining is let it rain. – Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- Marriage equality is about more than just marriage. It’s about something greater. It’s about acceptance. – Charlize Theron
- Understanding is the first step to acceptance, and only with acceptance can there be recovery. – J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
- My happiness grows in direct proportion to my acceptance, and in inverse proportion to my expectations. – Michael J. Fox
- Generally speaking, the Way of the warrior is resolute acceptance of death. – Miyamoto Musashi
- Acceptance of death - quotation by StingMany of us crucify ourselves between two thieves – regret for the past and fear of the future. – Fulton Oursler
- Life is a series of natural and spontaneous changes. Don’t resist them; that only creates sorrow. Let reality be reality. Let things flow naturally forward in whatever way they like. – Lao Tzu
- The first step toward change is awareness. The second step is acceptance. – Nathaniel Branden
- We are all going, I thought, and it applies to turtles and turtlenecks, Alaska the girl and Alaska the place, because nothing can last, not even the earth itself. The Buddha said that suffering was caused by desire, we’d learned, and that the cessation of desire meant the cessation of suffering. When you stopped wishing things wouldn’t fall apart, you’d stop suffering when they did. – John Green, Looking for Alaska
- The acceptance of death gives you more of a stake in life, in living life happily, as it should be lived. Living for the moment. – Sting
- Pema Chodron suffering and acceptance quoteNo intelligent idea can gain general acceptance unless some stupidity is mixed in with it. – Fernando Pessoa
- As you become more clear about who you really are, you’ll be better able to decide what is best for you – the first time around. – Oprah Winfrey
- To be fully seen by somebody, then, and be loved anyhow—this is a human offering that can border on miraculous. – Elizabeth Gilbert, Committed: A Skeptic Makes Peace with Marriage
- Happiness can exist only in acceptance. – George Orwell
- Acceptance of what has happened is the first step to overcoming the consequences of any misfortune. – William James
- Letting go doesn’t mean that you don’t care about someone anymore. It’s just realizing that the only person you really have control over is yourself. – Deborah Reber, Chicken Soup for the Teenage Soul
- Children and acceptanceApologizing does not mean that you are wrong and the other one is right. It simply means that you value the relationship much more than your ego.
- The more you know who you are, and what you want, the less you let things upset you. – Stephanie Perkins, Anna and the French Kiss
- A friend is someone who gives you total freedom to be yourself—and especially to feel, or not feel. Whatever you happen to be feeling at any moment is fine with them. That’s what real love amounts to – letting a person be what he really is. – Jim Morrison
- Taking rest - a quote by OvidAcceptance of one’s life has nothing to do with resignation; it does not mean running away from the struggle. On the contrary, it means accepting it as it comes, with all the handicaps of heredity, of suffering, of psychological complexes and injustices. – Paul Tournier
- When you find peace within yourself, you become the kind of person who can live at peace with others. – Peace Pilgrim
- A friend is one to whom one may pour out the contents of one’s heart, chaff and grain together, knowing that gentle hands will take and sift it, keep what is worth keeping, and with a breath of kindness, blow the rest away. – George Eliot
- Being happy doesn’t mean that everything is perfect. It means that you’ve decided to look beyond the imperfections.
- Gratitude unlocks the fullness of life. It turns what we have into enough, and more. It turns denial into acceptance, chaos to order, confusion to clarity. It can turn a meal into a feast, a house into a home, a stranger into a friend. – Melody Beattie
- Because one believes in oneself,one doesn’t try to convince others. Because one is content with oneself, one doesn’t need others’ approval. Because one accepts oneself, the whole world accepts him or her. – Lao Tzu
To learn more about finding acceptance, be sure to visit back with our blog soon. Will will talk more about how to find it and how to cope with addiction through acceptance. Then, recovery is just a step away.
Legacy Freedom | Drug Rehab Charlotte NC
If someone you know and love is struggling with any of the symptoms above, don’t hesitate to help them get established with a drug and alcohol treatment center. Drug rehab in Charlotte might be the only chance they have at recovery. There are numerous people dealing with addiction in the world, so it's important to understand you aren't alone. Contact Legacy Freedom if you're interested in our outpatient rehab therapy that doesn't interfere with your daily life of work or school. We are here to help you get back on track to a healthier, happier life.