Enduring the holidays as a recovering addict can be hard. Epecially if you're fresh out of drug rehab in Charlotte NC. It's a time that should be spend loving friends and family, but as we all know, it can sometimes turn into a drama-filled event. Why? Families get together once or twice a year to celebrate the season. It's likely they don't see each other often and sometimes, maybe only during the holidays. This can be stressful, overwhelming and somewhat akward.
Holiday Drama | Drug Rehab Charlotte NC
Staying motivated to be sober can be difficult when dealing with these things. It's important to remember you are a strong, recovered addict that can make it through. Your character will help you through. You've learned a lot during the time you spent in drug rehab in Charlotte NC. You're ready to face whatever comes your way. Use the following quotes to help you through this time. They're here to encourage you, motiavte you and remember who you are and what you've been through.
Encouragement | Drug Rehab Charlotte NC
- “All you need is love, but a little chocolate now and then doesn’t hurt.” - Charles Schulz
- “Always dream and shoot higher than you know you can do. Don’t bother just to be better than your contemporaries or predecessors. Try to be better than yourself.” - William Faulkner
- “Be silent, or say something better than silence.” - Pythagoras
- “Be wise, because the world needs wisdom. If you cannot be wise, pretend to be someone who is wise and then just behave like they would.” - Neil Gaiman
- “Believe those who are seeking the truth. Doubt those who find it.” - André Gide
- “Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak; courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen.” - Winston Churchill
- “Do something wonderful, people may imitate it.” - Albert Schweitzer
- “Do your little bit of good where you are; it’s those little bits of good put together that overwhelm the world.” - Desmond Tutu
- “For just one second, look at your life and see how perfect it is. Stop looking for the next secret door that is going to lead you to your real life. Stop waiting. This is it: there’s nothing else. It’s here, and you’d better decide to enjoy it or you’re going to be miserable wherever you go, for the rest of your life, forever.” - Lev Grossman
- “I am not here to change the world. I am changing the world because I am here.” - Lisa Wilson
- “I am seeking. I am striving. I am in it with all my heart.” - Vincent van Gogh
- “I exist, I am, I am here, I am becoming, I make my own life and no one else makes it for me. I must face my own shortcomings, mistakes, transgressions. No one can suffer my non-being as I do, but tomorrow is another day, and I must decide to leave my bed and live again.” - Leo Buscaglia
- “I think I am, therefore, I am. I think…” - George Carlin
- “I would rather be ashes than dust!
- “I’m sick of following my dreams. I’m just going to ask them where they’re going, and hook up with them later.” - Mitch Hedberg
- “If I cannot do great things, I can do small things in a great way.” - Martin Luther King Jr.
- “If you have time to judge other people you have way too much time on your hands. Get off your ass and do something meaningful.” - Shane Gibson
- “If you want to lift yourself up, lift up someone else.” - Booker T. Washington
- “If your actions inspire others to dream more, learn more, do more and become more, you are a leader.” - John Quincy Adams
- “It is our choices that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities.” - J.K. Rowling
- “Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great ones make you feel that you too can become great.” - Mark Twain
- “Kind words do not cost much. Yet they accomplish much.” - Blaise Pascal
- “Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.” - William Shakespeare
- “Nothing ever gets easier. You just get stronger.” - Unknown
- “Now and then it’s good to pause in our pursuit of happiness and just be happy.” - Guillaume Apollinaire
- “People are often unreasonable and self-centered.
- “Promise me you’ll always remember: you’re braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.” - Christopher Robin (to Pooh)
- “Recognizing power in another does not diminish your own.” - Joss Whedon
- “Saying the words that come from knowledge is no sign of having it.” - Aristotle
- “Some people feel the rain. Others just get wet.” - Bob Marley
- “Talent hits a target no one else can hit; Genius hits a target no one else can see.” - Arthur Schopenhauer
- “The most authentic thing about us is our capacity to create, to overcome, to endure, to transform, to love and to be greater than our suffering.” - Ben Okri
- “The most important things are the hardest to say. They are the things you get ashamed of, because words diminish them — words shrink things that seemed limitless when they were in your head to no more than living size when they’re brought out. But it’s more than that, isn’t it? The most important things lie too close to wherever your secret heart is buried, like landmarks to a treasure your enemies would love to steal away. And you may make revelations that cost you dearly only to have people look at you in a funny way, not understanding what you’ve said at all, or why you thought it was so important that you almost cried while you were saying it. That’s the worst, I think. When the secret stays locked within not for want of a teller but for want of an understanding ear.” - Stephen King (Different Seasons)
- “The only person you are destined to become is the person you decide to be.” - Ralph Waldo Emerson
- “The trouble with having an open mind, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it.” - Terry Pratchett
- “The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off. - Gloria Steinem
- “They always say time changes things, but you actually have to change them yourself.” - Andy Warhol
- “To define is to limit.” - Oscar Wilde
- “Unbeing dead isn’t being alive.” - e.e. cummings
- “What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lives within us.” - Emerson
- “Whatever you are, be a good one.” - Abraham Lincoln
- “Wise men speak because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something.” - Plato
- “You connect yourself to the viewer by sharing something that is inside of you that connects with something inside of him. All you have as your guide is that you know what moves you.” - Steven Brust
- “You must be the change you wish to see in the world.” - Gandhi
- “At some point everyone must decide if they are a creator or a critic, a lover or a hater, a giver or a taker.” - Author Unknown
We hope these words of encouragement help you through this time of year! Remember to rely on support groups and even drug rehab in Charlotte NC.
We Offer Holistic Drug Rehab in Charlotte NC
If you or someone you love is suffering from a substance abuse problem, it's time to get them some help. While it’s easy for them to believe they are alone in this struggle that is the farthest thing from the truth. There are numerous people dealing with addiction, all over the world. Regardless of how bad drug or alcohol use has become, help is always available. Contact Legacy Freedom to work with us using our drug rehab in Charlotte NC and alcohol treatment services. We are here to help those in need get back on track to a healthier, happier life.