Are you worried that you or someone you know is an alcoholic? Have you been convicted of a DUI recently and think that this might be your wake up call to sobriety?
If so, there are several things to consider first. For the most affordable alcohol and drug rehab in Greensboro NC call Legacy Freedom right now.
DUI Convictions and Alcohol abuse
Not everyone that receives a DUI is considered an alcoholic. There are many other things that factor into a real drinking problem. Getting caught drinking and driving can sometimes be a mistake that comes from a crazy night out with friends. A mistake that could have been easily avoided, had a cab been called or a DD been appointed.
One wild night out isn't the way to determine whether or not you or someone you love has a problem with alcohol.
However, drinking too much alcohol can really harm your body in more ways than one. If you're drinking heavily, it might be time to slow down and think about the consequences. After all, you want to ensure your health is great to make sure you're around for family and friends when they need you.
Alcohol abusers show the following symptoms:
- Compulsive behavior
- Constant craving
- Euphoria at random times
- Lack of restraint
- Slurred speech
- Tremors when not drinking
Below, you'll find a few questions you might want to ask yourself, or someone you love, if a drinking problem seems to be an issue:
- Do your friends or family members constantly express concern over your drinking habits?
- Are you missing work or school due to the after effects of alcohol?
- Are you failing to keep promises that you made to yourself about cutting down on drinking?
- Have you tried to follow a plan to control your drinking?
- Do you drink less and less, yet get even more intoxicated?
- Are you worried about your drinking?
- Have you thought about getting help for alcohol use?
- Have you been convicted of a DUI?
- Have you had other legal problems related to drinking?
- Do you regret things you do or say while drinking?
- When you’re sober, do you sometimes regret things you did or said while drinking?
Affordable Alcohol and Drug Rehab in Greensboro NC | Legacy Freedom
Alcohol abuse isn't something that gets easier to deal with over time. It's a problem that can consume your life, entirely, before anyone realizes it's happening. It's important to get help as soon as possible. Life without alcohol abuse is possible. Whether it's you or someone you love, consider the help that can come from outpatient, customized therapy like the type that Legacy Freedom Greensboro offers.
You can't resolve your drinking problem quickly or overnight. It’s a serious problem that many enter alcohol rehab for. If you or someone you know is suffering from alcohol abuse and need help, contact Legacy Freedom. Our counselors are standing by to help. No matter how bad alcohol use has become, there’s still hope for recovery. We are here to help you regain the road to a happy and healthy life with quality alcohol and drug rehab in Greensboro NC.