Welcome back. Today, we are going to continue our discussion on change and why it’s needed to take the first step in your addiction recovery.
Drug Rehab Charlotte: Making the Decision to Change is Important for Addiction Recovery
In most cases, change is the only answer for overcoming a drug addiction. Without change, you'll be stuck in the same patterns and routines. It's hard to see the light at the end of the tunnel when you're repeating the same old routines. In addition, it's important to break the habits that cause you to use drugs. Change, combined with drug rehab in Charlotte, will help all of these issues.
If you’re thinking of making a change, consider getting help from our drug rehab in Charlotte. We are here to help you. While trying to make the decision to change and accept our help, consider the following:
- Keep track of your drug use; when and how much you use. Keeping track will show you how much drug use runs your life.
- Make a list of reasons to overcome your addiction. Make another list of reasons why you’d rather continue living life the way you have been, addiction included.
- Think about your significant other, children, your career, other family members and your health. How does your addiction affect these things?
- Talk with someone you trust; someone that has an opinion about your drug usage.
- Consider the reasons that are keeping you from changing. What changes need to be made?
5 key steps to addiction recovery | Drug Rehab Charlotte
According to helpguide.org the following steps can help you prepare for a change:
- Remind yourself of the reasons you want to change.
- Think about your past attempts at quitting, if any. What worked? What didn’t?
- Set specific, measurable goals, such as a quit date or limits on your drug use.
- Remove reminders of your addiction from your home and workplace.
- Tell friends and family that you’re quitting and ask for their support.
If you’re ready to make a change and first step on the road to addiction recovery, contact Legacy Freedom. Drug rehab in Charlotte will be your support, helping hand, and recovery coach. Our facility offers several different recovery methods, including yoga, sound therapy, and more. For more information, contact us.