Drug Rehab Charlotte: Drug and Alcohol Treatment and Recovery Options
As helpless as many addicts and their loved ones feel about failed experiences of drug and alcohol treatment and recovery, major health and addiction science experts say there are many treatments available that can give addicts a fighting chance, especially when paired with continued support from loved ones, as well as counseling. A number of outpatient drug rehab therapies are:
- Adventure Therapy
- Acupuncture Therapy
- Chemical Dependency Therapy
- Equine Assisted Therapy
- EMDR Therapy
- Families & Addiction
- Inner Child
- Life/Purpose Coaching
- Massage Therapy
- Meditation Therapy
- Nutritional Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Process/Gender Groups
- Ropes Course
- Sound Therapy
- Tai chi
Sadly, a number of challenges hinder addiction treatment in the U.S.:
Drug Rehab Charlotte | Treatment Challenges
- Research-based best practices on how to combat addiction are not as standard as they are for other chronic diseases. "This is not the treatment programs' fault," says a former deputy director of the White House's Office of National Drug Control Policy and advisor to such groups as the World Health Organization. "They were set up 40 years ago, when we didn't know anything about the chronic nature of this disease."
- Many health and addiction science experts believe that the only way to truly become drug free is through prescribed drug treatment. Legacy Freedom believes that holistic recovery options are the best way to ensure a serious and long-lasting recovery.
- There are no new developments in the drug addiction studies that have been going on for years. According to NIH, "Federal spending on such research was $320 million in fiscal 2013." That's almost the same amount that was spent in 2002, adjusted for inflation, an analysis of the National Institutes of Health budget shows.
- Only about 10% of Americans dependent on prescription drugs or heroin received any sort of treatment, according to NAADAC, the Association for Addiction Professionals.
It's important to realize, no matter what the facts state, that there is help out there for addicts. Those suffering from a substance abuse addiction have options. Legacy Freedom, drug rehab in Charlotte, is here to help anyone who needs and wants help. If you or someone you know is struggling from an addiction problem, consider contacting us. Our rehabilitation programs are both inpatient and out. We offer many programs that are suited to the needs of the addict. We hope to hear from you soon.