Drug and Alcohol Treatment Center in Charlotte: Teen Drinking
Welcome back. In our last post, we brought awareness to Adolescent Alcohol Abuse and talked about how prevalent it is becoming with teens. Underage drinking is not only illegal, but it's also something that happens more than we realize. If you are unsure of whether or not your teen is suffering from alcohol abuse, be sure to keep an eye out for any of the symptoms below.
Drug and Alcohol Treatment Center in Charlotte | Signs of Alcohol Use
- withdrawal or keeping secrets from family and friends
- use of alcohol as a way to forget problems or to relax
- stealing or selling belongings to be able to afford alcohol
- spending a lot of time figuring out how to get alcohol
- problems with schoolwork, such as slipping grades or absences
- needing to drink more alcohol to get the same effect
- mood swings
- loss of interest in activities that used to be important
- feeling shaky or sick when not drinking
- failed attempts to stop drinking
- changes in sleeping habits
- changes in friendships, such as hanging out only with friends who drink alcohol
- changes in eating habits, including weight loss or gain
- anxiety, anger, or depression
If your teen is showing any signs like those listed above, it's time to start considering an intervention. Talking with your teen about your concerns and the problems that can arise in early teenage drinking might help them to understand that what they're doing is dangerous.
Sometimes, teens with an Adolescent Alcohol Addiction can make it to recovery with the love and support of family and friends that care. Other times, a drug and alcohol treatment center in Charlotte is needed to help. While it might be a bit unsettling, considering sending your teen away to rehab, it could be the only thing that helps through their dark time of addiction.
If you suspect that your teen has a drinking problem and might need help from our drug and alcohol treatment center in Charlotte, feel free to contact us or go online and speak with one of our 24/7 online chat reps. We are here to help you in any way we can.