Oftentimes, drug addiction starts in a social situation during an experimental trial. While many think that trying drugs one time can’t possibly lead to addiction, they’re wrong. For many, a one-time drug use can easily turn into frequent drug use. Then, before they know it, they’re addicted and need drug rehab in Charlotte.
It’s unbelievable how quickly you can become addicted to various drugs. Depending on the drug type the risk for dependency will vary, with some drugs having a higher risk than others.
According to mayoclinic.com, “As time passes, you may need larger doses of a drug to get high. Soon you may need the drug just to feel good. As your drug use increases, you may find that it's increasingly difficult to go without the drug. Attempts to stop drug use may cause intense cravings and make you feel physically ill (withdrawal symptoms).” In addition, an attempt to stop using drugs might only happen with drug rehab in Charlotte.
If you, or someone you know has begun experimenting with drugs, it’s important to educate yourself on addiction symptoms and behaviors for each and every type of drug available, so that you can get the help needed before it’s too late.
Below, you’ll find common addiction symptoms and behaviors that can happen with any type of drug use, according to mayoclinic.com. If you have any questions regarding addiction or the behaviors that come with it, feel free to contact Legacy Freedom, drug rehab in Charlotte.
Drug Addiction Symptoms and Behaviors | Drug Rehab Charlotte
- Spending money on the drug, even though you can't afford it
- Over time, needing more of the drug to get the same effect
- Not meeting obligations and work responsibilities, or cutting back on social or recreational activities because of drug use
- Making certain that you maintain a supply of the drug
- Having intense urges for the drug
- Focusing more and more time and energy on getting and using the drug
- Feeling that you have to use the drug regularly — this can be daily or even several times a day
- Failing in your attempts to stop using the drug
- Experiencing withdrawal symptoms when you attempt to stop taking the drug
- Driving or doing other risky activities when you're under the influence of the drug
- Doing things to get the drug that you normally wouldn't do, such as stealing
Realizing that these symptoms and behaviors are now a part of your lifestyle leads to one thing only; drug rehab in Charlotte. To talk with our counselors about drug treatment, contact us, anytime. For more information about drug addiction symptoms and behaviors that come with specific types of drugs, visit back with our blog, soon.
If you, or someone you know is suffering from a substance abuse problem, it's time to get help. While it’s easy to believe that you are alone in this struggle, that is the farthest thing from the truth. There are numerous people dealing with addiction in the world. Regardless of how bad drug or alcohol use has become, help is always available. Contact Legacy Freedom if you need drug rehab in Charlotte. We are here to help you get back on track to a healthier, happier life.