Are you thinking of becoming a drug treatment in Greensboro NC counselor? If so, you'll find a great deal of information about this career in previous blogs of this series, below:
- Becoming a Drug and Alcohol Abuse Counselor: Overview
- Becoming a Drug and Alcohol Abuse Counselor: Training and Certifications
- Becoming a Drug and Alcohol Abuse Counselor: Degree Requirements
- Becoming a Drug and Alcohol Abuse Counselor: Salary and Outlook
- Becoming a Drug and Alcohol Abuse Counselor: Job Duties, continued
This is a great choice for a profession no matter where you live. There are many rewards that come with helping those who've hit rock bottom and need support to regain a happy, healthy life. Counselors do just that. They help addicts live life again, without drugs or alcohol. Addiction is a disease that causes serious problems mentally, physically and can ruin even the strongest relationships.
Today, we are going to talk about the job duties of a alcohol and drug treatment in Greensboro NC counselor. While this job is very rewarding and life changing, it's also difficult and demanding. It's not an average nine to five job that allows you to leave work at work. Many times, the emotional stress that comes with this position follows you wherever you go.
This is a very demanding career that could leave you in a difficult situation. Whether you're dealing with patients that are ill, unpredictable and emotional or violent, it's important to take a look at the following list of demands that comes with being a drug and alcohol abuse counselor.
- Work with and be in contact with a patient’s family or other loved ones who are ill or inattentive to personal health, using drugs or alcohol
- Work well while multitasking and being interrupted
- Work irregular hours
- Stress level management
- Quick response to crises and unpredictable situations
- Professional and personal isolation with both the community and colleagues
- Mental and emotional fatigue
- Manage time well
- Manage priorities well
- Deal with exposure to illness or unsanitary conditions
- Counselor must also be prepared to manage their own stress
- Confidentiality commitment
- Capability to work with unscheduled clients or family members at any given moment
- Assess situations quickly and efficiently
- Able to work in conditions that lead to unexpected outcomes or situations
- Able to handle life threatening situations and suicide attempts from patients
- Ability to enter patient’s home without emotion
While this is just a short list of the most common demands, there are others that come with the job duties as well. In our next blog post, the final installment of this series, you'll find more information on the daily task requirements for this career. Be sure to visit back with us soon.
We hope this information helps you if you're thinking of becoming a drug and alcohol counselor. For information about Legacy Freedom, contact us today. We are here to help you or your loved ones get back on track to living a happy, healthy life free of drugs or alcohol abuse.
Dependable Drug Treatment in Greensboro NC | Legacy Freedom
If you’re suffering from an addiction and need help, consider Legacy Freedom’s alternative therapy options. Our success rate for drug treatment in Greensboro NC is higher than traditional rehab facilities that require you to stay in-house until the program is complete. We know how hard it is to beat addiction. That’s why we’ve come up with a better, more successful program that will help. Addiction can leave you feeling sad, lonely, and angry. You are not alone. Legacy Freedom of Greensboro is here to help you get back on track to a happier, healthy, drug free life.