Driving under the influence is something many of us consider from time to time. Doing so is a serious danger to anyone involved. It's also a crime to drive while under the influence of alcohol or drugs. However, many are often caught and convicted of a DUI. Those that have a BAC (blood alcohol content) of .08% or higher will be cited and arrested.
In a previous blog post, we talked about what happens when you get a DUI. Today, we are going to talk about a question that gets asked many times. Do I need a lawyer? Searching for an affordable drug and alcohol treatment center in Greensboro NC? Call Legacy Freedom for more information.
Having A Lawyer For DUI
While the answer to this question is one that is a personal choice, there are advantages to hiring an attorney to help you with your DUI.
DUI lawyers are able to do the following:
- Help to minimize the damage a DUI can do to your life.
- Help those convicted understand the terminology that comes with dealing with an arrest and court hearing.
- Offer a better understanding of what a DUI is and how it can affect your life.
- Assess situations that come with DUIs and the jail time, probation and other penalties that can come with being convicted.
- Help us better understand the laws of the state in which we live.
An attorney can also help when it comes to dealing with the DMV, after being convicted of a crime that involves a vehicle. There are countless forms, phone calls and other things that must be done after you get a DUI. It isn't something that ends with a court hearing and sentence.
Sometimes, it's best to hire a lawyer if the following holds true to your particular situation:
- You've received more than one DUI.
- You don't understand your rights.
- You have multiple other convictions.
- Someone was killed or injured in a vehicle accident that was caused by you while driving under the influence.
- If you are facing jail time.
- If your BAC was double the legal limit in the state in which you received the DUI.
- You're worried about what might happen to your job or life after a DUI hearing.
Again, whether or not you choose to hire a lawyer for your upcoming court hearing is a personal choice that should be made after careful consideration. Think things through and talk with your loved ones about the situation. You can also schedule a consultation to speak with an attorney in order to help you make your decision.
Affordable Drug and Alcohol Treatment Center in Greensboro NC | Legacy
If you've been battling an addiction and have trouble defining what's right and wrong or constantly find that you've been driving under the influence, it might be time to consider getting outpatient help.
To learn about how you can build a personalized therapy plan that will help you recover from addiction without falling back into old behaviors and habits, contact us.
Addiction isn't something you can overcome in a day. It's also something that you might not be able to handle alone. If you're ready to beat addiction and get back on the path to a happy, healthy life, contact us at Legacy Freedom of Greensboro. We are here to help you with drug or alcohol treatment that will work. Our outpatient programs have a 100% success rate for those committed to recovery. Don't wait. Call Legacy Freedom of Greensboro NC today and get the help you need. Our counselors are standing by to walk you through recovery and into a life without addiction.