Halloween has turned into an almost 10 billion dollar industry. In the past, it was a fun, kid-friendly holiday that many people looked forward to each year. However, adults have begun to take over. Did you know that Legacy is the best choice for a qualified counselor in Asheville, NC? Call for help with mental health!
Unfortunately there are some that take this once tastefully fun and scary holiday and turn it into something that is completely different. In these cases, this holiday can be geared more those who thrive on grotesque decor, houses of horror and frightening mazes.
Those who suffer from anxiety might have trouble with this holiday. What was once a holiday that revolved around goblins, witches, ghosts and other mythical creatures is now one for psychopaths, murderers, dramatic instances and more. If you're one to have anxiety about these types of things, consider the following information. It should help you with your Halloween social anxiety.
- Remember that Halloween is supposed to be fun.
- When choosing your costume for a party or a work function, make sure it's fun, silly, or spooky. Then, you won't have to worry about being judged for the costume you wear. Keep it lighthearted and simple.
- If you know your social anxiety will get the best of you on a trip to visit haunted houses or mazes, consider staying at home and having a traditionally fun Halloween party instead. Don't feel pressured to visit grotesque Halloween themed activities.
- Give out candy at your home or a friend's house instead of going out. This will be a fun way to bring this Halloween holiday back to the kids who enjoy it.
- Don't watch scary movies that you're uncomfortable with. Instead, choose movies from your childhood that you know are fun to watch on Halloween.
- Don't watch Halloween movies at all. Instead, choose something else.
- Make sure your friends and family know that you can't handle grotesque decor and events that involve gore. If you're worried about being scared, letting them know will keep them on your side and help shield you from things that will be too much for you to handle.
This information should help you get through this Halloween if you have anxiety and dramatic stress from anything scary or grotesque. We hope you enjoy this evening in a way that makes you most comfortable.
Qualified Counselor in Asheville, NC | Legacy Freedom
If you, or someone you love, seem to be suffering from anxiety or any other type of mental illness, contact Legacy Freedom of Asheville NC. We can help. Our trained professionals are able to treat your cause and condition with holistic treatment and alternative therapy programs that are tailored to fit your needs. We are here to help you get back on track to a happy, healthy life with various types of therapy programs. We can treat mental disorders in a way that gets to the root cause of everything you're dealing with. We can help you learn to cope with triggers and situations that might cause you stress or anxiety. Call now to learn more about our treatments for anxiety, depression, and to speak with a counselor in Asheville, NC that you can trust.