Alcohol Rehab in Charlotte NC: Signs of Adolescent Alcohol Abuse
The most obvious sign of adolescent alcohol abuse is the need to have alcohol, no matter what the cost. In addition, there are many other signs that can suggest a possible alcohol addiction, as well. (These also are signs of other conditions too, such as drug addiction, depression or eating disorders.)
Below, you'll find a list of psychological and physical signs that may point toward an alcohol abuse issue with your teen. A few of the signs will only be recognized by them. Others, you can see for yourself. If you're worried about your teen having an alcohol issue, it's a good idea to go over these signs with them, before the problem starts. That way, they'll be aware of what can happen, should they be faced with adolescent alcohol abuse.
Psychological signs that your teen might have an alcohol abuse issue:
- use of alcohol as a way to forget problems or to relax
- withdrawal or keeping secrets from family and friends
- loss of interest in activities that used to be important
- problems with schoolwork, such as slipping grades or absences
- changes in friendships, such as hanging out only with friends who drink alcohol
- spending a lot of time figuring out how to get alcohol
- stealing or selling belongings to be able to afford alcohol
- failed attempts to stop drinking
- anxiety, anger, or depression
- mood swings
Alcohol Rehab in Charlotte NC | Physical Signals
- changes in sleeping habits
- feeling shaky or sick when not drinking
- needing to drink more alcohol to get the same effect
- changes in eating habits, including weight loss or gain
In our next post, we will talk further about adolescent alcohol abuse and how it might be affecting your teen. Our alcohol rehab in Charlotte NC will also offer tips to help your teen recover, once they've realized there is a problem at hand.
Do you suspect that your teen has a problem with alcohol? It's easy to believe that you are alone. In reality, that's the farthest thing from the truth. There are numerous other teens in the world suffering from the same issues. Regardless of how bad alcohol use in your teen has become, help is always available. Contact our alcohol rehab in Charlotte NC, Legacy Freedom. We are here to help you, and them, get on the right track to a healthier, happier life.