Purchasing a new car can be an anxiety filled experience. Sure, there is the fun of deciding what car you want, which options you prefer, and, of course ,choosing the perfect color, but most people are intimidated by the buying process itself. From qualifying for financing to dealing with high-pressure sales people, buying a car can be quite overwhelming. If you're looking for drug free anxiety therapy in Charlotte, NC, call Legacy Freedom.
Here are some tips to help you get through the car buying experience without having a panic attack at the dealership:
- Set Your Budget - Know what your absolute top dollar is for a monthly payment amount, then stick to it. As tempting as it is to splurge for that extra $100.00 per month so you can have those flashy rims or that leather interior - don't do it. Adding on options that increase your monthly payment increases your financial stress, especially if you are already on a tight budget.
- Pre-qualify Yourself - Nothing says you have to use the dealership's financing program. If you prefer to shop around yourself and want to have a pre-approved amount before you go, talk with your bank, or look at online lenders. Knowing that your financing is secure may allow you to wheel and deal a little more to get those extras you want within your budget.
- Car Shop Virtually - Explore the models and brands that fit your budget. Review road tests and independent consumer reviews about the vehicles to help you narrow down the makes and models that are of most interest to you.
- Shop Smart - Look for sales, rebates, and incentives that will help you get more car for your money. Also, take into consideration dealers that offer you more money for your trade or a guaranteed amount for your trade if your current vehicle is in bad condition.
- Head to the Dealership - Take a friend with you who can help you stay on target. Give them the list of features your new vehicle needs to have so they can help you check them off as you browse. Also, disclose your monthly payment amount and ask them to hold you to that number so that you don't get flustered and agree to something you can't afford just to be done.
- Find a Salesman You Like - Working with a salesperson who you feel comfortable with can help reduce the amount of anxiety you feel during the buying process. Be upfront about the features your new vehicle needs to have and about your budget, it's their job to find you something that meets your requirements.
- Take a Test Drive - Don't feel pressured to love the first car you drive. Have your friend note the things you like and dislike as you drive each vehicle. Keeping lists will help you keep them separate in your mind when you review your notes later.
Remember that if at any point during the process you feel anxious or overwhelmed, take a break. Ask the salesman to get you some water, or simply take a walk around the lot again and get some fresh air. Sometimes leaving the lot to review your notes, get some food and refresh yourself will help calm you and allow you to finish the task at hand. Remember that the salesman is working to earn your business, so you set the pace of the process, not him or her.
Holistic Anxiety Therapy in Charlotte, NC
At Legacy Freedom, we understand that anxiety can control every aspect of your life. Find out more about our holistic anxiety therapy in Charlotte, NC, and call or click to connect with our care team. Take back control of your life today with Legacy Freedom of Charlotte!