Looking for spring activities in and around the Asheville area this season? Search no more! We have an ultimate list of all the things you can do from now until mid-June. If you or someone you know needs alcohol rehab in Asheville, ask Legacy Freedom how we can help. You'll love our outpatient solutions.
Spring is the time of year that people love getting outdoors and enjoying the fresh, warm air. It's a great time to spend quality time with friends and family! Even if you aren't able to get out and go to events every weekend this spring, you'll hopefully be able to find a few that work well with your schedule! These events are all fun and family-friendly. In addition, for those struggling with alcohol abuse or are in recovery, these can be sober events you attend this season!
- Asheville Herb Festival is starting May 4th and running through the 6th. You'll be able to attend the largest festival for herbs in the United States and in Canada. This year marks their 29th annual festival. Find all kinds of information here about growing your own herbs, talking with herbalists and business owners who are experts in gardening. Don't miss this if you love all things landscaping and gardening!
- If you love the movie Titanic, you want to be sure to catch the Titanic movie costumes featured at the Biltmore House from now until May 9. This is an exciting opportunity to view the fashion from roughly the same time, in a setting that will leave you excited and like you’ve taken a step back into the past. Along with these costumes, you'll find stories about the Vanderbilt family and their travels and how they were connected to the Titanic.
- If you’ve been in this area long, you’ve heard about the Tryon International Equestrian Center. They’re gearing up for the World Equestrian Games this September. If you’re interested in seeing the test events for the games, be sure to check that out. You’ll see practice vaulting competitions, eventing tests and more. These test events are free and open to the public.
- If you're looking for something to do at the Biltmore House this spring, you'll find tons of action at the Biltmore Blooms fest! From now until May 24th, be sure to check out the Spring Flower Celebration! There, you can see thousands of various blooming flowers. Tulips, roses, azaleas, mountain laurel, rhododendrons and more! Be sure to check out the link we've provided for a list of dates you can see each type of flower. You don't want to miss your favorite!
- In Madison County, you’ll find a Potters Market on April 14. This festival features more than 20 of the best potters in the area. Admission is free and open from 9 AM to 4 PM.
- On every second Saturday in the month of May, you’ll be able to visit the river arts District near downtown Asheville to catch gorgeous art, shows, classes, demos and music. Click here to learn more about this exciting event.
- There’s nothing like catching a steeplechase in the spring. Much like the Kentucky Derby, you’ll be able to dress in the best sundresses or suits, wear elegant hats, and hang out at before and after gatherings, as you see thoroughbred racing in the longest running chase in North Carolina. This riveting Block House Steeplechase starts on April 14.
- With warmer weather coming in, festivals are going to be in full swing during April. Check out the Nantahala Outdoor Elements Festival April 13 through the 14th. You’ll find games, family-friendly fun and more!
- You’ll be able to check out the Dressage, Para-Dressage and driving competitions in test mode at the Tryon Equestrian Center, as well, in April. The mission is also free for this test event. Check it out, here.
If you're looking for more things to do this season, be sure to check back with our next blog post. There, you'll find all the featured activities and events in this area for spring!
After reading about these events and visiting a few festivals this season, don’t be surprised if you fall in love with the area all over again. Sometimes, things that are right next door are hard to appreciate until you give yourself time to get out into nature and enjoy it all with fresh sober eyes. We hope you’re able to do this during spring and throughout the rest of the year. The western North Carolina area has something going on all year long, whether it’s spring, summer, fall or winter.
You never have to worry about what to occupy your time when entering into recovery. The beginning stages leave you with a lot of time on your hands. Engaging in some of these activities can help you stay focused and motivated.
Best Outpatient Alcohol Rehab in Asheville for 2018
Sometimes, you rely so much on alcohol that it becomes a dependency. You might not even realize the addiction is there. That's why our alcohol rehab programs can help. Legacy Freedom of Asheville uses a holistic approach and customized therapy options to offer the best solution for addiction. You don't have to miss work or school in order to recover. You can go on about your daily routine and implement our programs into your typical day.
If you, or someone you know, need help with alcohol rehab in Asheville, please consider learning more about our outpatient therapy programs at Legacy Freedom. We offer you the care you need, but also give you the freedom to personalize treatment so that you can still go to work or school. You won't have to give up your daily routine. This is a great opportunity for those that struggle with addiction. It's the best of both worlds.