Spring is a beautiful season in the south. It’s full of blue skies, regrowth, and occasional calming rainstorms. Temperatures are mild and spending time outdoors is ideal. While in recovery, you’ll find that spring is much like recovering from substance abuse. It's the time for renewal, growth, and prepping for the future. Rehabilitation is a great way to help you get prepared for a new life without drugs or alcohol. For more information about how Legacy Freedom can help, call our Asheville alcohol rehab center today.
If you love viewing the beautiful flowers of spring, you’ll find that several areas offer great opportunities during spring. Below, you will find all of the best places to visit in around the Asheville area where you can enjoy blooms of all kinds.
- Though we mentioned this one in our previous blog post, it’s worth talking about again, in case you missed it. The Biltmore House offers a gorgeous garden for all kinds of flowers, depending on the month. Each spring month brings new types of bloom. For three months, you’ll be able to visit the grounds and see thousands of various types of flowers. For tulip lovers, you’ll find around 50,000 blooms of this flower and all shades and hues. Don’t miss it if you love flowers.
- Another great place to see beautiful plants and flowers is the North Carolina Arboretum. The amazing garden features more than 60 acres of various types of azaleas, bonsai trees, shrubbery, and more. You’ll also find outdoor sculptures, bike trails, and an observation deck. This is a great place to bring the whole family. You can even bring your dog!
- Lake Lure is a gorgeous historical area that was featured in two films. The now classic, Last of the Mohicans and Dirty Dancing were both partially filmed at this gorgeous lake. During spring, you’ll be able to visit the Lake Lure Flowering Bridge. With various designs, surrounding gardens and more, you’ll be amazed to see that the bridge is covered with flowers that have been placed there by volunteers.
- If you’re taking a trip on the Blue Ridge Parkway the spring, consider visiting Craggy Gardens. You’ll find tons of wildflowers all over this area. It’s great for a picnic and hiking. You’ll be in all of the gorgeous mountain scenery and rhododendrons.
- The Botanical Gardens in Asheville are close to downtown. Seemingly hidden away from the city, this garden offers tons of flowers and plants that are native to the area. You can walk or bike along the half-mile scenic loop as well as visit a log cabin in the area. If you love plants, don’t miss this one. There are tons of rare and unique species to view.
- Grovewood Village is a garden that offers sculptures and art that have been created by local artists. There’s also a gallery for you to view, as well.
- There’s nothing more beautiful than the Great Smoky Mountains. With the "blue smoke" colored horizon and mountain views, you’ll find tons of things to do in the area. However, there are beautiful flowers and plants to see, as well. Stop by the Wildflower National Park to see more than 1000 different kinds of flowers and plants. You’ll find hiking along the Occunoluftee River Trail just as amazing, as well.
- If you love daylilies, don’t forget to stop by the daylily farm. Blue Ridge Daylilies is a gorgeous area with over 2 acres of farmland. Just north of Asheville, located in Alexander North Carolina, you’ll find that this farm runs along a beautiful creek.
- If you’re looking for biologically diverse areas, consider Grandfather Mountain. It is a great place to go and view the mountains while hiking and taking in lots of nature. Various plants, flowers, and trees will be found in this area. You’ll love it.
- If you love wildflowers, you can find a plethora in the mountains of North Carolina. However, one of the best places to find more than 200 different types of wildflowers and plants is called Pearson's Falls. Located in Saluda, this area is filled with tons of wooded areas, a 90-foot waterfall, and unbelievable wildflowers.
Just taking a drive along the Blue Ridge Parkway or into the Great Smoky Mountains will be more than you could ever imagine. This majestic, unique area is known for its mountain views and spring flowering season as well as loads of places to stop, along the way. Don’t miss out this upcoming season.
We hope you find something to enjoy this spring season. Remember, there are tons of things to do in the Asheville area. If you missed our previous blog, be sure to visit back with it to find even more great festivals and events going on this time of year.
Sometimes, people rely too much on alcohol, to the point that it becomes a dependency. You might not even realize the addiction is there. That's why our rehabilitation programs can help. Our customized therapy offers the best solution for addiction. You don't have to miss work or school in order to recover. You can go on about your daily routine and implement our programs into your typical day.
Best Asheville Alcohol Rehab Center for 2018
If you, a loved one, or other family member is showing signs of having a major drinking problem, it's time to get them sober again. While you might think that you are all alone in this struggle, that is the farthest thing from the truth. There are numerous families dealing with alcohol abuse every day.
Regardless of how bad alcohol use has become, help is always available at our Asheville alcohol rehab center. Contact Legacy Freedom of Asheville today. We are here to help them get back on track by offering various types of therapies that won't interfere with their schooling or work schedules. Call our Asheville alcohol rehab center and drug treatment facility today to learn more.