Aromatherapy is used all over the world for various reasons. This holistic treatment has a long history, and the first record of it's use dates back more than 3,500 years before the birth of Christ. In the modern world, one of the most intriguing ways people use aromatherapy is for alternative therapy to treat mental disorders. That's why we use aromatherapy as part of our depression therapy in Wilmington, NC.
You might not be familiar with the positive properties of aromatherapy, but as a holistic therapy, it's a great way to find healing and comfort.
Using Aromatherapy for Depression Therapy in Wilmington, NC Works
Those who suffer from depression and other disorders that are similar can use aromatherapy to treat stress related issues. It can also improve eating, sleeping and your moodiness.
Essential oil's are typically extracted from a plant in its native setting. This is done to ensure potency. Because the plants are from their native lands, the natural treatment for the patient is more effective. It helps combat symptoms and the improves the natural healing processes in the body. Even though people use these oils for various things, using them for aromatherapy is great for mental illness treatment. Our holistic form of this treatment uses an essential oils diffuser. And addition to diffusing the oil's in the air, you can also add them to baths, perfumes and use with full body massages at home.
There are several different types of essential oil's that can help with depression. For example, lavender is a great way to relax and ease tension. Below, you will learn more about different types of essential oils and how they can help.
- Jasmine is used to increase the alertness of our minds and increase response. It also increases beta waves in our brain.
- Rose oil can actually treat nervous system disorders. Using it as aromatherapy is great for depression disorder.
- Basil is another oil that's great for depression. Often times, we are very tired and fatigued during a bout of depression. Basil oil can help treat that fatigue.
- Sandalwood has sedative properties that actually help relieve tension and anxiety.
- Lavender, as we mentioned is great for depression. It relieves nervous tension, headaches, insomnia and other stress related issues that can heighten depression.
- Clary sage is often used holistic treatment for anxiety, depression and sleep disorders.
Patchouli, bergamot, chamomile, rosemary and geranium are also great essential oils. Use these for aromatherapy in treating depression and other mental disorders as well.
We suggest using aromatherapy at the onset of symptoms during a depressive state, and as routine preventive treatments. Adding one or more of these essential oils in a bath, two to three times a week, is really all you need.
If you're suffering from depression and looking for an alternative way to fight symptoms, contact Legacy Freedom. We are here to help with all different types of holistic treatments, including aromatherapy.
Depression Therapy in Wilmington, NC That You Can Trust
If you or someone you love is suffering from a depression disorder, and aren't sure where to turn to, call Legacy Freedom. We are here to help with holistic and dependable depression therapy in Wilmington, NC. We can help you find the root cause of your grief and sadness, and also help you treat and recover from it. Learning to cope with heavy depression by yourself is difficult and very overwhelming. However, you don't have to do any of this alone. Contact Legacy of Wilmington, NC to speak to someone that cares.