Welcome back. We are here to talk more with you about how to have an awesome summer without involving alcohol. We know how tough it can be to get away from drinking in the summertime. However, it's possible to do so. Especially with these activities! Missed our previous blog? Check back here for more ideas. If you need outpatient alcohol rehab Asheville NC help, call Legacy Freedom.
- Love karaoke but can’t go out to a bar or restaurant that features it because of alcohol? Host a karaoke party! You can purchase karaoke songs or stream them, and you can buy or rent a karaoke machine!
- Take up a new sport like tennis, volleyball, or golf. You’ll be amazed at how much you enjoy being outdoors and engaging in a friendly competitive game, especially when you invite friends or family to join you.
- Exercise is a great way to keep yourself in shape as well as keep yourself on track with recovery. Instead of continuing on in the gym, consider getting out in the open and exercising outdoors. Try bicycling, walking or jogging, kayaking, rock climbing, visiting ropes courses and other great outdoor activities.
- Go tent camping for the weekend. This might seem like a lot of work but it will be great fun and exciting, especially if you’ve never been tent camping. It’s a great way to enjoy nature and have an adventure in the outdoors. This is a therapeutic way to enjoy your summer without having to worry about alcohol.
- Make a list of all of the must see or do things in your area. Then, take time to do them all. Whether it takes a day trip or an overnight venture, try to mark each thing to do off your list before fall.
- If you’re feeling down and out because everyone you know is partying with alcohol this summer, consider volunteering at a soup kitchen, local organization, or other places that will allow you to help out. This is a great way to make yourself feel better while giving back to the community.
- Connect or reconnect with recovery groups in your area. Most of the time these organizations have fun events like cookouts, trips, and recreational sports. This is a great way to meet new people and engage in activities where alcohol will not be part of the plan.
- According to thefix.com, "Regardless of where you happen to be in the recovery process, stepping up your program guarantees a new level of success. It's in the meetings where the foundation begins. Connection with others and social contact are just the start. Now that it’s warm outside, the fellowship appears to be stronger. People don’t seem to rush home after meetings as quickly, and there is a general camaraderie in the air. Checking out different meetings is a great way to meet new people, broaden your horizons, and open up the door to new possibilities."
- Gardening is a great past time that is rewarding in many ways. It gives you something to care for and nurture. It also offers a creative outlet. Even more, you'll have tons of veggies, fresh from your backyard all summer! Veggie garden not your style? Consider trying a flower garden instead. You'll love how awesome it is to come home to blooming flowers all summer.
- Start a journal. If you haven't already taken time to journal it is a great way to reflect and set goals for the future. One of the most important things in recovery is to remember where you started on this journey. Always remembering what it took to get to recovery is essential for continuing on. Start a journal this summer!
- Work with friends or family to plan a sober dinner club. Each member can host a dinner at their home once or twice a month. You can even step it up to once a week if you have willing participants! This is an awesome way to spend time with friends and family at a gathering that you know won't be filled with alcohol.
With summer right around the corner it’s time to plan out your events and activities for the season! We hope these ideas give you incentive for a fun and sober summer! Remember, if you missed our previous blog, you’ll find more information there for sober summer fun.
Affordable Alcohol Rehab Asheville NC Services
If you are suffering from a substance abuse problem, or you know someone who is, it's time to get some help. While it’s easy for them to believe they are alone in this struggle that is the farthest thing from the truth. There are numerous people dealing with addiction, all over the world. Regardless of how bad drug or alcohol use has become, help is always available. Contact Legacy Freedom if you or someone you know needs Asheville alcohol rehab. We are here to help them get back on track to a healthier, happier life.
Legacy Freedom of Asheville NC isn’t like any other type of alcohol or drug treatment center you will experience. We offer the following to those struggling with drug or alcohol use so that they can learn what life without drugs and alcohol will be like:
- adventure therapy
- comprehensive onboarding and evaluation
- drug testing
- dual diagnosis
- family therapy
- group therapy
- individual counseling focused on the individual’s needs
- life skills
- parental support and assistance for teen substance abusers
Contact Legacy Freedom to learn about how our drug and alcohol rehab Asheville NC services can help your loved one learn how to rejoin life in a drug free way.