Aromatherapy is a holistic treatment for many types of mental illness. In some cases, it also helps substance abuse and recovery. This technique involves essential oils. Extracted from plants in their native area, these oils are useful in various ways.
Aromatherapy is a way to breathe the oils in safely while benefiting from their powerful effects. For more information, keep reading or call Legacy Freedom. Legacy is the best choice if you're searching for a holistic counselor in Asheville, NC.
Below, you'll find some information on essential oils and why they're beneficial in aromatherapy. They're typically used in a steamer, diffuser or through massage and bath.
- The essential oils used in aromatherapy are extracted from the roots, seeds, blossoms or leaves of plants. There are also active ingredients added to help enhance the oil.
- They can treat a variety of things from muscle soreness to fungal and viral infections. They can also treat mental disorders.
- They can also promote relaxation, help with sleep, and more.
- Essential oils are extracted from a plant in its native setting. This is done to ensure potency.
- Because the plants are from their native lands, the treatment is more effective for the patient.
- Essential oil helps combat symptoms and improves the natural healing processes in the body.
Why it Works?
Aromatherapy might not work for everyone. We all process things differently. Essential oils are no different. However, when aromatherapy does offer benefits to individuals, it mainly does so by having a psyco-physiological effect on the cortical activity in the brain. It affects the beta, delta, alpha and theta waves.
Because aromatherapy can offer our central nervous system benefits in the way of hypothalamic response, it increases our endocrine system and releases hormones. This can be very beneficial for a number of reasons, including reducing depression, anxiety, insomnia and more.
Aromatherapy can also stimulate adrenal glands. This helps in many different ways. as well. The response from our body to the aroma that is being infused can help calm, energize or relieve stress.
Holistic Mental Health Counselor in Asheville, NC
If you are interested in aromatherapy, contact Legacy Freedom of Asheville. We can help you cope with your mental disorder symptoms by offering alternative therapy that doesn't involve medication.
There are many other different types of holistic treatments available for mental health disorders. Consider the following:
- Adventure Therapy
- Acupuncture Therapy
- Chemical Dependency
- Equine Assisted
- EMDR Therapy
- Inner Child
- Life/Purpose Coaching
- Meditation Therapy
- Nutritional Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Sound Therapy
- Tai chi
Are you suffering from depression or any other type of mental illness? Contact Legacy Freedom of Asheville. We're one of the top mental health facilities in Asheville, NC. We can help! With proper care and treatment, those suffering from mental health disorders can recover. In addition, the ability to learn how to cope with behavioral and emotional issues naturally is possible.
When you're ready to talk with our staff of professionals, contact us. We can help you with Asheville mental health services that works.