Am I an Alcohol abuser? | Alcohol Rehab Charlotte NC
Welcome back. In our last post, Legacy Freedom, alcohol rehab in Charlotte NC began talking about alcohol abuse and how easy it is to become addicted to alcohol without ever realizing it has happened. Below, you'll find a self-test that might help you answer a few questions you may have about whether or not you're an alcoholic.
Alcohol Abuse Self-Test (NADD.ORG) | Alcohol Rehab Charlotte NC
- Do you drink heavily when you are disappointed, under pressure or have had a quarrel with someone?
- Can you handle more alcohol now than when you first started to drink?
- Have you ever been unable to remember part of the previous evening, even though your friends say you didn’t pass out?
- When drinking with other people, do you try to have a few extra drinks when others won’t know about it?
- Do you sometimes feel uncomfortable if alcohol is not available?
- Are you more in a hurry to get your first drink of the day than you used to be?
- Do you sometimes feel a little guilty about your drinking?
- Has a family member or close friend expressed concern or complained about your drinking?
- After periods of drinking do you sometimes see or hear things that aren’t there?
- Are you having more financial, work, school, and/or family problems as a result of your drinking?
- Do you eat very little or irregularly during the periods when you are drinking?
- Do you ever feel depressed or anxious before, during or after periods of heavy drinking?
- Do you often want to continue drinking after your friends say they’ve had enough?
- Do you sometimes have the “shakes” in the morning and find that it helps to have a “little” drink, tranquilizer or medication of some kind?
- Do you sometimes stay drunk for several days at a time?
- Do you try to avoid family or close friends while you are drinking?
- Do you usually have a reason for the occasions when you drink heavily?
- Has your physician ever advised you to cut down on your drinking?
- Have any of your blood relatives ever had a problem with alcohol?
- Have you been having more memory “blackouts” recently?
- Have you ever considered alcohol rehab in Charlotte NC?
- Have you ever gone to anyone for help about your drinking?
- Have you ever had a DWI (driving while intoxicated) or DUI (driving under the influence of alcohol) violation, or any other legal problem related to your drinking?
- Have you recently noticed that you can’t drink as much as you used to?
- Have you sometimes failed to keep promises you made to yourself about controlling or cutting down on your drinking?
- Have you tried switching brands or drinks, or following different plans to control your drinking?
- When you’re sober, do you sometimes regret things you did or said while drinking?
Remember, alcohol abuse isn't something that gets easier to deal with, over time. It's something that can consume your entire life before you even know it's happening. It's important to get help or visit an alcohol rehab in Charlotte NC to regain your life, alcohol free.
If you'd like to talk with our councilors at Legacy Freedom about our alcohol rehab in Charlotte NC and the available options for therapy, contact us, today. We are here to help you regain the road to a happy and healthy life.