October is ADHD Awareness Month. This year the theme will be “Knowing Is Better: ADHD Across the Life Span.” For those not familiar with the signs and symptoms of this disorder, this month's awareness program should help. If you're searching for the best mental health facilities in Greensboro, NC, please call Legacy!
The hope is for this awareness month to bring information to parents who might not know what all is involved with ADHD. After all, the more knowledge you have about something, the better. This is the case for this mental illness, as well. ADHD affects children in different ways. It also affects young adults and older adults. That's why it's important to know how to recognize it and how to treat it.
According to adhdawarenessmonth.org, the following symptoms might be present in one suffering from ADHD:
- Acts as if driven by a motor
- Avoids or dislikes tasks requiring a lot of thinking
- Blurts out answers before questions have been completed
- Difficulty engaging in activities quietly
- Difficulty waiting or taking turns
- Does not appear to listen
- Fails to give close attention to details or makes careless mistakes
- Fidgets with hands or feet or squirms in chair
- Has difficulty remaining seated
- Has difficulty sustaining attention
- Has difficulty with organization
- Interrupts or intrudes upon others
- Is easily distracted
- Is forgetful in daily activities
- Loses things
- Runs about or climbs excessively for children; extreme restlessness in adults
- Struggles to follow through on instructions
- Talks excessively
If you haven't learned as much about ADHD as a sufferer, or loved one of someone suffering, now is the time to gain knowledge. Take this month as a time to learn, reflect, and make changes that help with ADHD.
Holistic Mental Health Facilities in Greensboro, NC
Suffering from ADHD or another type of mental illness? Contact Legacy Freedom of Greensboro to learn more about the following therapy options for your mental disorder.
- Adventure therapy
- Acupuncture therapy
- Chemical dependency
- Equine assisted therapy
- EMDR therapy
- Inner child
- Life/purpose coaching
- Meditation therapy
- Nutritional therapy
- Physical therapy
- Sound therapy
- Tai chi
We also treat the following disorders:
- Mood disorders
- Specific phobias
- Bipolar disorder
- Cyclothymic disorder
- Eating disorders
- PTSD and panic disorders
- Adjustment disorders
- Dissociative disorders
- Factitious disorders
- Process addictions
- Oppositional defiant disorder
- Stress response syndromes
- Intermittent explosive disorder
- Anxiety, panic, and social disorders
- Sexual dysfunction, gender identity disorders
- Personality disorders: OCD, paranoia, etc.
- Tic disorders – Tourette’s etc.
- Autism spectrum disorders
Don't wait to call. There's no reason why you should put off treatment. Help is available. To get back to a happy, healthy life, call now to be connected to one of the best mental health facilities in Greensboro, NC.