Do you fear that someone you know and love is struggling with drug addiction? Below, you’ll find symptoms and behaviors, according to mayoclinic.com that can help you determine whether or not your loved one needs help from a Charlotte drug and alcohol treatment center.
Signs and Symptoms of Addiction | Charlotte Drug and Alcohol Treatment Center
- Changes in behavior — exaggerated efforts to bar family members from entering his or her room or being secretive about where he or she goes with friends; or drastic changes in behavior or in relationships with family and friends
- Neglected appearance — lack of interest in clothing, grooming or looks
- Physical health issues — lack of energy and motivation
- Problems at school or work — frequently missing school or work, a sudden disinterest in school activities or work, or a drop in grades or work performance
- Spending money — sudden requests for money without a reasonable explanation; or your discovery that money is missing or has been stolen or that items have disappeared from your home, indicating the possibility that they're being sold to support drug use
If you're worried that someone you love is addicted to drugs or alcohol, familiarize yourself with the behaviors of an addict.
Addiction Behaviors | Charlotte Drug and Alcohol Treatment Center
- Doing things to get drugs or alcohol that you normally wouldn't do, such as stealing
- Driving or doing other risky activities when you're under the influence of drugs or alcohol
- Experiencing withdrawal symptoms when you attempt to stop taking drugs or alcohol
- Failing in your attempts to stop using drugs or alcohol
- Feeling that you have to use drugs or alcohol regularly — this can be daily or even several times a day
- Focusing more and more time and energy on getting and using the drug
- Having intense urges for drugs or alcohol
- Making certain that you maintain a supply of drugs or alcohol
- Not meeting obligations and work responsibilities, or cutting back on social or recreational activities because of drug or alcohol use
- Over time, needing more drugs or alcohol to get the same effect
- Spending money on drugs or alcohol, even though you can't afford it
Realizing that these symptoms and behaviors are now a part of your lifestyle leads to one thing only; getting help from a Charlotte drug and alcohol treatment center. To talk with our counselors about drug or alcohol treatment, contact us, anytime. For more information about drug addiction symptoms and behaviors that come with specific types of drugs, visit back with our blog, soon.
If you, or someone you know is suffering from a substance abuse problem, it's time to get help. While it’s easy to believe that you are alone in this struggle, that is the farthest thing from the truth. There are numerous people dealing with addiction in the world. Regardless of how bad drug or alcohol use has become, help is always available. Contact Legacy Freedom if you need a Charlotte drug and alcohol treatment center. We are here to help you get back on track to a healthier, happier life.